Transferring signal after iRig HD2 to PC

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Transferring signal after iRig HD2 to PC

Postby Edeluc » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:23 am

Dear all,

I do own an iRig HD2 and I use it together with my Ipad (Where I have Amplitube with several effect bundles). I usually transfer the signal that comes out of the iRig HD2 (after it has been modified by Amplitube on the Ipad) to my amplifier (via a 6.35mm aux cable).

I now would like to take the signal that comes out of the iRig HD 2 (after it has been modified by Amplitube on the Ipad) and route it into my PC where I would like to use it in a DAW (Ableton Live 10).

Which possibilities do I have to do this? I would figure that I would need an aux cable that has a 6.35mm jack on one end and a 3.5mm jack on the other end and put that in the mic-inpout of my pc.
However I do not know how this affects the signal quality.

Would you have any recommendations?

Best regards,
Lucas
Edeluc

Re: Transferring signal after iRig HD2 to PC

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:34 pm

iRig HD 2 has an output with an FX/THRU switch. Take a quarter inch cable out from that, make sure FX is selected, and put that into one of your audio interface's inputs on your computer (I wouldn't recommend going into the mic input on your computer, that will not likely sound very good at all). You can see more information about this and other features/connections of iRig HD 2 at http://www.irighd2.com

For a better quality signal, I'd recommend using iRig HD 2 as your audio interface on your PC and use the Mac/PC version of AmpliTube for processing. You'd need to use ASIO4ALL as the driver for iRig HD 2 in that case and we have a FAQ entry for that at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1076
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers