Equal Module and TR5 standalone crashing

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Equal Module and TR5 standalone crashing

Postby csavetman » Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:17 pm

After recently updating from TR5 CS to TR5 (5.3.1), I've found that if I insert the Equal module in the chain, the module GUI goes black, and I get the eternal spinning beachball.

Problem seems to be isolated to running TR5 standalone, and specifically, the Equal module.
When I use the equal module as an individual plugin or in the TR5 suite plugin in my DAW (Digital Performer 10.11), all works well.

I've already submitted a tech report. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue.

thanks!
Carlos

Mac Pro
Sierra 10.12.6
csavetman

Re: Equal Module and TR5 standalone crashing

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:07 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is continue to work with Support.

Other users can raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally).

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby csavetman » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:56 pm

csavetman wrote:After recently updating from TR5 CS to TR5 (5.3.1), I've found that if I insert the Equal module in the chain, the module GUI goes black, and I get the eternal spinning beachball.

Problem seems to be isolated to running TR5 standalone, and specifically, the Equal module.
When I use the equal module as an individual plugin or in the TR5 suite plugin in my DAW (Digital Performer 10.11), all works well.

I've already submitted a tech report. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue.

thanks!
Carlos

Mac Pro
Sierra 10.12.6

So, upon further troubleshooting, I uninstalled the latest version of TR5 (5.3.1), and tried a couple of older versions.
Version 5.2.2 seems to have cleared up the issue for me.

Something about versions 5.3 / 5.3.1 on Mac running Sierra was not happy.

Carlos
csavetman

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:34 pm

Please let Support know so that they can investigate.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby csavetman » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm

DarkStar wrote:Please let Support know so that they can investigate.

I have. Thanks.

Carlos
csavetman

Postby Marathanz » Tue May 26, 2020 12:24 am

Hi Carlos,

I have exactly the same problem here.
I'm on High Sierra and recently updated T-Racks to the latest version.
Ever since, when I try to do something with the Equal module (even if it's just trying to move it to another place in one of my global chains) the exact same problem occurs (black centre screen and spinning ball) as the one you describe.
I wondered if you already found a proper solution?

With regards,
Marathanz
Marathanz

Postby DarkStar » Tue May 26, 2020 12:14 pm

As above, please let Support know so that they can investigate.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Marathanz » Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you, DarkStar. I will!
Marathanz

Postby sbrenna » Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:15 am

Thanks for posting this.

Here were my issues, now resolved on a MacBook Pro running OS High Sierra:

"First TR5 (v5.3.3) started crashing every time I tried to use an EQual module. Now I'm working on a project that I mastered last year and TR5 crashes every few seconds after I make a few changes regardless of weather I came to the EQual module. Some tracks it crashes immediately as soon as I click on a track in the project."

Downgrading back to 5.2.2 has apparently resolved all these issues for me.
sbrenna

Postby Marathanz » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:16 am

Hi Sbrenna,

Thank you for your reply.
That’s what I did too. I downgraded and it solved my problems.
Solutions like these are not really satisfying in a way, because they feel like a workaround, but still, everything works fine and, as far as I know, I’m not missing any features.

With regards,
Marathanz
Marathanz

Postby bruce-rez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:54 am

sbrenna wrote:Thanks for posting this.

Here were my issues, now resolved on a MacBook Pro running OS High Sierra:

"First TR5 (v5.3.3) started crashing every time I tried to use an EQual module. Now I'm working on a project that I mastered last year and TR5 crashes every few seconds after I make a few changes regardless of weather I came to the EQual module. Some tracks it crashes immediately as soon as I click on a track in the project."

Downgrading back to 5.2.2 has apparently resolved all these issues for me.

I have exactly the same problem with Equal plugin in my macOS High Sierra.
I opened a ticket and followed up all the procedure I was told by IK technician with no luck and I gave up.
Equal works fine in my DAW as plugin but when I want to use it in T-RackS 5 chain it freezes the program and I have to close it.

I read here you solved the problem by downgrading the Equal plugin to 5.2.2.
Could you please explain how to downgrade it to 5.2.2?

Thank you
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iMac (Mid 2011), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby sbrenna » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:13 am

I used the TR5 uninstaller. It's inside the TR5 installer diskimage, whatever latest version you used to install TR5. If you don't have it any more you can download it in the "my products" area at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products under "Past Releases" of TR5. When you run the uninstaller make sure when asked that you do NOT erase your presets folder.

That's where you'll also find the TR5 v5.2.2 for download. Just download and install and everything worked for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck

PS:
I'm not an expert in this software, so it may not be what addresses your issue.
sbrenna

Postby bruce-rez » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:59 am

sbrenna wrote:I used the TR5 uninstaller. It's inside the TR5 installer diskimage, whatever latest version you used to install TR5. If you don't have it any more you can download it in the "my products" area at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products under "Past Releases" of TR5. When you run the uninstaller make sure when asked that you do NOT erase your presets folder.

That's where you'll also find the TR5 v5.2.2 for download. Just download and install and everything worked for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck

PS:

Actually my TR5 (v5.4.0) is a part of my Total Studio MAX 2.
So if I understand well in my case, I should first uninstall TR5 and then install the T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 version 5.2.2, 2019-11-28? correct?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iMac (Mid 2011), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 GB RAM
High Sierra 10.13.6
Cubase Pro 10
Steinberg UR22C
IK Total Studio 2 Max
M-Audio Keystatoion 49
Korg Pa4X
bruce-rez

Postby sbrenna » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:18 am

bruce-rez wrote:
sbrenna wrote:I used the TR5 uninstaller. It's inside the TR5 installer diskimage, whatever latest version you used to install TR5. If you don't have it any more you can download it in the "my products" area at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products under "Past Releases" of TR5. When you run the uninstaller make sure when asked that you do NOT erase your presets folder.

PS:

Actually my TR5 (v5.4.0) is a part of my Total Studio MAX 2.
So if I understand well in my case, I should first uninstall TR5 and then install the T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2 version 5.2.2, 2019-11-28? correct?

Yes, that's what I would try.
sbrenna

Postby Marathanz » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:35 am

Hi Bruce-rez,

It’s like Sbrenna described.
First use the un-installer to remove the old version.
Then download the older version from the IK Multimedia site, on your User Area, under “Past Releases.
That’s how I always used to do it, but since the new (and very handy!) Product/download Manager is now the way to go when you want to download/install/update/authorize IK Multimedia products, I’m not sure how to do this now, but it should be quite self-explanatory, I would guess.

Succes,
Marathanz
Marathanz

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox