Cannot Import any files

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Cannot Import any files

Postby simmo75 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:16 pm

Hello, I'm unable to import any samples or icons, actually cannot do anything that involves files. Any ideas?
simmo75

Re: Welcome, SampleTank 4 Editor users!

Postby Jann_X » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 pm

simmo75 wrote:Hello, I'm unable to import any samples or icons, actually cannot do anything that involves files. Any ideas?

It is really easy and works great. You click the "Add Samples" button at the top of the screen to automap your source samples. Add the icon link on the Instruments tab (Instrument Icon), and create a library icon with the "Create Library" function. Have a look at the manual, that's where I found this stuff.

Cheers,
Jann
Jann_X

Postby Burillo » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:11 am

Jann_X wrote:
simmo75 wrote:Hello, I'm unable to import any samples or icons, actually cannot do anything that involves files. Any ideas?

It is really easy and works great. You click the "Add Samples" button at the top of the screen to automap your source samples. Add the icon link on the Instruments tab (Instrument Icon), and create a library icon with the "Create Library" function. Have a look at the manual, that's where I found this stuff.

Cheers,
Jann

i can't add any samples at all. i've even duplicated the exact sample name format they expect, and it just says "no samples found".
Burillo

Postby Jann_X » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm

Burillo wrote:i can't add any samples at all. i've even duplicated the exact sample name format they expect, and it just says "no samples found".

Check page 10 of the manual where it tells you how to set up the disk path for the editor. If your samples are not in the disk path, maybe this is the problem? Here is what they say:

The Editor has its own disk path for your Samples and Instruments, separate from the SampleTank 4 disk path. This is needed because the Editor works with different file formats than SampleTank 4, and the files from the Editor must be “exported” to work with SampleTank 4.

Select Preferences from the SampleTank Editor application menu to set the content path in the Content Settings section. The Editor content path can be set just about anywhere your computer can access it, but the most reliable way to configure it is to create a folder called “SampleTank Editor” on a fast external hard disk with plenty of available storage.

Then inside this folder, create separate subfolders for “Instruments” and “Samples.” All of the Samples for your Libraries must be placed in the Samples folder in the Content Path with separate subfolders for each Library and then additional subfolders within each Library folder for each Element you wish to create.

Cheers,
Jann
Jann_X

Re: Cannot Import any files

Postby vimmic5 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:01 pm

No special characters in file name. It happens with new files and with files I had no problems importing until
[Mod Edit: spam link to a survey has been removed.]
vimmic5

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:15 pm

i also have the same issue. the sample file is literally the file that cubase spits out of the track i want to use. it isn't clear but do i need to write a scale from note G3 to E5 plus 8ve plus 8ve? what format does the wav file have to take? what lengths for the notes? I know the bits about telling editor what the root note is and bpm etc... on my wav file i can hear music. i have tried both stereo and mono left and mono right still the same issue. i am trying to get true legato.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 pm

Ok I tried the following in Cubase. I wrote a scale out from G2 to E7 including all sharps. I then set about creating markers. Cycle markers was the better option for me personally but very manual. I then exported the very large scale to my folder and I ended up with 39 odd samples. The hint is “SAMPLES” which isn’t really made clear in the book except one picture. The book sort of brushes around this. It was one of the pictures that caught my attention and it wasn’t in the sample part of the manual. Anyways I went through “create instrument”, then went to “import samples” and I got a little further this time with the samples importing until I got the dreaded message saying sample folder wasn’t there. So I cleared the sample folder and added a new sample folder inside it. You have to create two folders in your extendable drive in a folder called “SampleTank Editor”. One folder is called instruments and the other samples. It is the samples folder you need to add another samples folder. So I went back to create instrument, then import samples and hey presto everything went through with no problems. That was as far as I got this evening and will review the next steps to take.

The important thing here is you don’t use the track that is in your midi lane to convert to a wav file. You need to create a file with a scale with the correct note span. Make sure that your DAW exports as individual sample files as .wav. Then import into the sample folder within the sample folder.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby DavidR1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:45 pm

I did manage to use the use the user track and got nothing playable from it. Note that if you are a Cubase user the same software is included in the sampler track as I had previously mentioned. It seems that this software was integrated into various DAWs at the time including this software. In Cubase I got the same results exactly the same results as I got from this piece of software. Note this is not criticising the software it is to inform my findings.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
64 bit windows 8.1
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby far1962 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:01 pm

Que sucede con sampletank 4.2 que no autoriza las bibliotecas creadas en sampletank editor.
Por favor,solucionen el problema
far1962

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor