Introducing SampleTank 4 CS plus Six New Expansion Libraries

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Introducing SampleTank 4 CS plus Six New Expansion Libra

Postby danevaz » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:10 pm

HI All,

Longtime user of ST2/3 and T-Racks. Took advantage of the ST4 CS free download to try it out. New ST4 works great, sounds great, looks great - BUT - can't access the new ST4 libraries. When I run ST4, the ST4 icon appears with a lock symbol on it, and the ST4 Import icon has the download symbol.

When I click on either one from within the ST4 program, it takes me to the IK Multimedia web site. But, I already downloaded the app installer, and the sounds installer. Alreaady installed the ST CS4 sounds. Already ran the Authorization manager @5 times - both standalone and from within ST4. Says product registered OK. But, no luck with the new ST4 CS libs.

Double checked, triple checked the location and directory layout structure multiple times - looks OK - just like the ST3 directory structure. The samples are there - .pak files and .st4i files are in the correct location.

The ST3 files, SYNTRONIK, my add-on packs, even my Miroslvav V1 imports are all available and play OK.

But my ST4 icon remains locked.

Anyone have any luck installing the new ST4 CS and getting the included ST4 CS libraries to work?

Thanks,
Danny V.
danevaz

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:19 pm

I would suggest contacting IK Support for direct assistance with that issue as an authorized SampleTank 4 CS should run the libraries without issue. They can find out what's going on in your case and get you fixed right up. They are available at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby abbkmb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:35 pm

I'm having the same problem.

The ST4 CS path shown in settings is correct, but the content remains locked.

All of my other content loads/plays just fine. :(
abbkmb

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:11 pm

If you followed the Installation & Authorization Manual steps (including for the sound libraries) and you have this issue, you will need to open a ticket with IK Support for direct assistance via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jascouk » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:16 pm

Same problem here, I can see the 50 included sounds (all greyed out) but if I try to load any I get a pop up telling me "SampleTank 4 CS library is not authorized.
Please launch the Authorization Manager and insert the product serial number to authorize.". I've already authorized Sampletank 4 CS with my STX40- number. If it helps, I have installed the sound content to a custom location.
jascouk

Postby jeremyd » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:11 am

Looks like the ST4 CS launch is kind of broken. :oops:

I do wish IK would move beyond the rather tedious "Authorization Model" and to an all-in-one installer like Native Instruments, Waves, et al. Downloading many installers and pasting serials into separate apps is getting pretty tedious (not to mention buggy!)
jeremyd

Postby abbkmb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:24 am

jascouk wrote:If it helps, I have installed the sound content to a custom location.

So did I. Maybe *this* is what's causing the problem.

I should also mention that I've tried to manually update the location of the content, delete and re-add the path, unload ST4 CS and restart my DAW (Cubase 10.5), etc.
abbkmb

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:17 pm

jeremyd wrote:Looks like the ST4 CS launch is kind of broken. :oops:

I do wish IK would move beyond the rather tedious "Authorization Model" and to an all-in-one installer like Native Instruments, Waves, et al. Downloading many installers and pasting serials into separate apps is getting pretty tedious (not to mention buggy!)

It is working very well for many, I don't think the launch is broken. IK Support will happily assist you with the issue you are having. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/mi

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby abbkmb » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:30 pm

Re-running the Authorization Manager with my ST 4 CS serial number again *now* (Friday, Mar 13, 2:30pm EST US) solved the problem of not being able to access the new CS content.

Tech Support must have just fixed the problem...
abbkmb

Postby danevaz » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:40 pm

Yeah, they fixed it. I also re-ran Authorization Manager and the ST4 CS instruments are now unlocked.

But does anyone know what the ST4 Imported (download) icon is for?

Danny V.
danevaz

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:06 pm

danevaz wrote:Yeah, they fixed it. I also re-ran Authorization Manager and the ST4 CS instruments are now unlocked.

But does anyone know what the ST4 Imported (download) icon is for?

Danny V.

That's for imported instruments.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:26 am

I purchased, downloaded and installed Clavitube, Alternate Keys and Hitmaker: Synthwave. Considering that I have ST4 MAX, Syntronik Deluxe, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Spaceport 77, Hammond B-3X, MODO Bass and MODO Drums, I asked myself, do I really need more instruments? The answer was of course, yes!

In all seriousness, each of these new expansion libraries had something unique that I didn't have in my other libraries. The other libraries had clavinets in them, but Clavitube is at another level of immersion, just like Hammond B-3X is.

Again, considering I have a huge array of vintage synthesizer instruments available, I was still impressed with what I heard in the Synthwave library. On some level, it's like re-living my days back in the early '80's when all I had access to was my dad's Casio keyboard and cheesy onboard drums. Nice library!

The Alternate Keys library is something I'd recommend to everyone. The Indian Harmonium is worth the price alone, not to mention the excellent Harpsichord and Accordion. There are only a couple of Chord Organ patches, but they are pure sonic gold. I thought, why would I need a Toy Piano? I was impressed how it was captured and some of patches were very cool, like the super long reverberated Toy Piano, which was quite haunting...

I've just sampled some of the sounds that these new libraries contain, but I've been very impressed with the quality IKM puts into all of their products, even a vintage toy piano. :)

Dave
dlgebert

Postby jeremyd » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:23 pm

FWIW, I re-installed Authorization Manager, pasted my ST4 serial in again, and all the content works now.
jeremyd

Postby jascouk » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:48 pm

jeremyd wrote:FWIW, I re-installed Authorization Manager, pasted my ST4 serial in again, and all the content works now.

I got a reply to my ticket saying they'd fixed it. MIne's working too now. Thanks IK support guys :)
jascouk

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:23 pm

dlgebert wrote:I purchased, downloaded and installed Clavitube, Alternate Keys and Hitmaker: Synthwave. Considering that I have ST4 MAX, Syntronik Deluxe, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, Spaceport 77, Hammond B-3X, MODO Bass and MODO Drums, I asked myself, do I really need more instruments? The answer was of course, yes!

In all seriousness, each of these new expansion libraries had something unique that I didn't have in my other libraries. The other libraries had clavinets in them, but Clavitube is at another level of immersion, just like Hammond B-3X is.

Again, considering I have a huge array of vintage synthesizer instruments available, I was still impressed with what I heard in the Synthwave library. On some level, it's like re-living my days back in the early '80's when all I had access to was my dad's Casio keyboard and cheesy onboard drums. Nice library!

The Alternate Keys library is something I'd recommend to everyone. The Indian Harmonium is worth the price alone, not to mention the excellent Harpsichord and Accordion. There are only a couple of Chord Organ patches, but they are pure sonic gold. I thought, why would I need a Toy Piano? I was impressed how it was captured and some of patches were very cool, like the super long reverberated Toy Piano, which was quite haunting...

I've just sampled some of the sounds that these new libraries contain, but I've been very impressed with the quality IKM puts into all of their products, even a vintage toy piano. :)

Dave

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were me posting in my sleep. This is nearly exactly what I went through with these. I'm also glad my wife enjoys listening to me noodle around repeatedly, playing the same bits with different sounds over and over and over...

Synthwave took me back, too, though I didn't have as much access to an arpeggiator and similar - my dad had a Juno 106 which I now possess (no faulty voice chips, all original!) and that was fun and I picked up an Ensoniq VFX-SD right before I started music school (1989/90) which was nice to sequence with and they had some nice workstations there too. I've been tasked to do some 80s-sounding tracks in the hopefully near future so these will get some play.

Clavitube is a weapon. I won't say secret because we're not hiding it from anyone. When there are talented people working on these sounds who care deeply about them it shows. It does in all the libraries but Clavitube grabbed me to the point where I had to make sure I wasn't clicking the star to favorite every single patch.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More