Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

Postby djogon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Wanted to use my Blueboard with my Mac and to my surprise - the bluetooth does not see the device at all!

The blue board works fine with my iPad and gets discovered instantly, but on my Mac - it does not show up on the list of bluetooth devices at all

How can this be fixed?

Thanks.
djogon

Re: Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 pm

Is your Mac 2012 or newer with Bluetooth 4.0?

If yes, have you installed the iRig BlueBoard app from the App Store? It'll recognize the device. Without it your Bluetooth won't see it.

And as always our support is always available for 1 on 1 help with your set up.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby djogon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:28 pm

It's 2011 MacBook Pro with all the recent patches.

I cannot find an app on the OSX App Store for the BlueBoard, but I did download and install the Blueboard app from IK Multimedia website.

Still no go. If I open the app first - it says "Bluetooth OFF" even though BlueBoard is on and the blue LED is blinking.
djogon

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:32 pm

According to the Specs on the iRig BlueBoard webpage:
Mac: iRig BlueBoard is compatible with any Mac that supports Bluetooth 4.0 / Bluetooth Low Energy. Models: iMac, Mac Mini, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro (all models from June 2012 on). Mac OS X 10.7 or later is required.

Earlier Macs don't have Bluetooth 4.0 LE. iRig BlueBoard is not backward compatible with older versions of Bluetooth which aren't very power friendly and would drain the batteries in your iRig BlueBoard very fast.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby djogon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:44 pm

Ouch
djogon

Postby Obitheincredible » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Some users have reported buying a USB Bluetooth adapter has worked. Being that its entirely 3rd party, we don't support it, but still might be worth a shot.

Besides that, it still works with your iPad. We also make the StealthPedal for
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby psicosonico » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:31 am

I have the same problem, same OSX 10.9.4.

I see my iRig Blueboard, but when clic on Connect, just see "Connecting..." and that's all can't complete the connection.

I really appreciate an update for that bug

Thanks!
psicosonico

Postby Obitheincredible » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Please contact support for more help.
Obitheincredible
1K Club

Postby gampguitar » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:36 am

I have the same problem, my Blueboard don't works with my macbook pro (2011) and also with my Ipad 2! :(
gampguitar

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

gampguitar wrote:I have the same problem, my Blueboard don't works with my macbook pro (2011) and also with my iPad 2! :(

Do your devices have Bluetooth 4.0? That is a requirement for iRig BlueBoard. See this link: http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/ir ... oard-specs

iPad 2 and pre-2012 MacBook models do not have Bluetooth 4.0
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Drayth » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am

Has anyone had a USB Bluetooth adapter work with a pre-2011 MacBook Pro?
Drayth

Postby tdreg100 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Received the iRig Blueboard earlier today and have spent about an hour with it.

I am running OSX 10.9.4 on a Mac Mini (late 2012) and a MacBook Air (Mid 2012) and I finally managed to get the iRig Blueboard to connect on both. Initially I had the same issues as described here - the Blueboard software couldn't find the device. This was the case on both machines. But in both cases, by rebooting the machine and attempting to connect the Blueboard as the first thing I managed to get it to work. Doesn't really make sense but that is my experience so far in the little time I have messed around with this thing. Hope this helps. The Blueboard would probably benefit from a firmware update....
tdreg100

Postby mmoraguescoll » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:42 pm

Hi, I have also the same problem.
I have a macbook pro 2010.
bluetooth version software is 4.2
bluetooth firmware is v207 c513

If is the software version.... then I have the good one...(but why does not work then?)
but if is the firmware version then mine is too low :(

I have a suggestion!!
if the problem with less than 4.0 bluetooth is only the fact that the battery will be much quicker empty... Why don't let us decide if we want or not to used like this?
I don't care if I have to spend more battery!
Let us try to used with what we have!
Just do an update to your software and make it work for everybody!!
or even better!! make two vertions of the software, one for less than 4.0 and the one you already have for 4.0 or more.
What about that?

You can always advise costumers that if they use less than 4.0 bluetooth they will consume more battery.

I really hope you agree with me and want to make the new software for all of us!!

Thanks!
mmoraguescoll

Postby ayrwaves » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Big disappointment. Of course as the buyer I should have checked every detail and version of bluetooth, but c'mon guys lets be honest...should it be expected of us to do that? BLuetooth is bluetooth to most people. I could understand if it were a PC or mac only thing but I'm totally disappointed I can't use this for a show in the next couple days. This will be returned and I guess I'll make my own!
ayrwaves

Postby cammyjee » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:27 am

I've come off across this problem as well. Got the blueboard for christmas, didn't even know there was different compatibility for what type of bluetooth you have. Most people don't know that, for most bluetooth is bluetooth. Super frustrated because I was going to run it off an old iphone I bought for this exact purpose, but it doesn't support 4.0. Super lame barrier to entry needs to be removed, or at least warn the buyer in a more explicit way.
cammyjee

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers