Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: Cannot connect iRig Blueboard to OSX 10.9.4

Postby ronjr.designs » Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:03 am

Disappointed with this whole Bluetooth LE crap. Got the BlueBoard for Christmas, and have to return it because of the Bluetooth issue and not supporting BT LE.... Very disappointed. Was looking forward to recording and what a let down..... Bluetooth is bluetooth. If I have to buy batteries to keep using it, then I'll buy recharables. But come on IK.... Get with it.
ronjr.designs

Postby kurt.seppele » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 am

I use a 2012 mbp with all the right features i also managed to connect the blueboard but after a while it started loosing the connection (10 minutes) so i had to reconnect it. Now it doesnt connect anymore at all (i restarted the computer and app - i reinstalled the app - turned off the blueboard - took out the batteries....)

This is VERY annoying as this unit is supposed to be for professional needs

Ik multimedia: any fixes?
kurt.seppele

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:31 am

That is not normal behavior and should be reported to our support team for direct assistance at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ayrwaves » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:08 pm

ayrwaves

Postby mmoraguescoll » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:40 pm

Hallo Peter_IK,
I will like to see some reactions from you about what people with les that 4.0 bluetooth are saying here.....and if you are thinking to fix it in a near future....(I don´t mean you personally of course.... I´m talking about IK in general)

Something is not clear for me...
is this a software problem or hardware problem?
could you fix it if you wanted too?

I really appreciate some reactions from one of the IK technicians or some one who can give us a good answer.

And don´t be upset if I named a problem, because for me and many other customers is really a problem!! ;)

I hope to ear from you,
Thank you very much!
mmoraguescoll

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

It is a specification, not a problem. iRig BlueBoard requires Bluetooth 4.0 which is low-power Bluetooth. For the best possible performance and reliability, this is how the product was designed. I hope that helps.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Billious » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:28 am

I'm had a similar issue when trying out the BlueBoard in a shop. The Mac (with OX 10.6.8) couldn't detect it.

So, to be clear, for the BlueBoard to be detected by, and paired with, a Mac…

- The Mac must have Bluetooth 4.0, AND
- It must have the BlueBoard app installed

Is that correct?

OR…

Is it possible for the Blueboard to be paired with a Mac that has Bluetooth 4 WITHOUT the Blueboard app? (If not, IK Multimedia have just lost a sale.)
Billious

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:25 pm

You may be able to pair it, but you need the BlueBoard app to do anything with it since the app is what translates the BlueTooth to MIDI commands. Since iRig BlueBoard is a Bluetooth MIDI controller, this is necessary unless apps (like AmpliTube does on iOS ) were to build the functionality in directly.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Billious » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:03 pm

Thanks for the reply, Peter_IK :-)

IF I get a Blueboard I'll be using it with Max by Cycling 74, which can easily translate raw bluetooth messages (or any numbers from anywhere - MIDI, game controllers, keyboards, numeric keypads, Arduinos, etc.) into MIDI, or into other messages to control things within Max.

So, "you MAY be able to pair it" still doesn't give me a definite answer, unfortunately.
Billious

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:01 am

Please give support a shout and they should be able to provide a more definitive answer http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Billious » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:17 am

Thanks Peter - will do.
Billious

Postby Catonlj2 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:59 pm

On the subject of connection. Why do IK not offer an app for Windows 8 users. I recently bought a Fishman Tripleplay guitar processor believing it would work with iOS and that I could control it with Blueboard. What they didn't make clear is that the Fishman control app is not available for iOS only Mac and Windows (none of which is your concern). However I was disappointed to find that there is no app for Blueboard in Windows. I don't understand why this is as my 8.1 tablet has BT 4.0 LE in keeping with most of the many current Windows tablets which are just as likely to be used on stage as anything else. Considering the potential sales to Windows tablet users (which are far more versatile and powerful than iPads) is there any chance of a Windows app?
Catonlj2

Postby RodCruz » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:39 pm

After reading all your comments I went to different electronics stores and I couldn't find anything about bluetooth 4. Nobody knows about it. I just contacted the customer support, I hope they give me a solution soon.
If I solve the problem I let you know.
Regards,
RodCruz

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Catonlj2 wrote:On the subject of connection. Why do IK not offer an app for Windows 8 users. I recently bought a Fishman Tripleplay guitar processor believing it would work with iOS and that I could control it with Blueboard. What they didn't make clear is that the Fishman control app is not available for iOS only Mac and Windows (none of which is your concern). However I was disappointed to find that there is no app for Blueboard in Windows. I don't understand why this is as my 8.1 tablet has BT 4.0 LE in keeping with most of the many current Windows tablets which are just as likely to be used on stage as anything else. Considering the potential sales to Windows tablet users (which are far more versatile and powerful than iPads) is there any chance of a Windows app?

The issue is not with Bluetooth, iRig BlueBoard is a Bluetooth-to-MIDI controller so iOS and Mac OS X devices support Core MIDI without requiring any 3rd party drivers for the MIDI layer. Windows devices do not and would require a custom driver to be built. I will also have to respectfully disagree that Windows tablets are just as likely to be used on stage as iOS devices, as iOS devices are far more popular for live use (as well as for any mobile device music making tasks) as we have definitely studied the markets.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RodCruz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi everyone,
I found a solution for connecting the blueboard with my Mac. For this you'll need an iPhone or an iPad, Blueboard app and MidiBridge app, or any other app that can send MIDI messages through WiFi.

So connect your Blueboard to your iPhone/iPad using the Blueboard app, then in MidiBridge you'll need to add Blueboard as input and then connect it to the WiFi output, add the IP address of your Wifi, and the click on connect, therefore you'll be able to send Midi Notes messages.

Sometimes I found some problems with the Midi network, you'll have to add your iPhone/iPad to the same network with the following instructions: http://hexler.net/docs/touchosc-setup-coremidi-network.

So that's all, I hope it works for you,
Regards,

MidiBridge App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midibri ... 60859?mt=8
RodCruz

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers