iRig model selection help needed

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig model selection help needed

Postby Ohmbrewer » Thu May 02, 2024 7:51 pm

I’m currently working to help my wife with some hardware adds to her recording setup to be able to interface with social media recordings.
I found the iRig and thought this would be ideal to help with this.

Wife is an audiobook narrator and is using Rode equipment that channels into her MacBook for editing.
Her primary interface is the Rode AI-1 single channel interface for her Rode mic and computer.
(Link below)

I’ve been searching for which iRig might be the best given get set up but have struggled to get an answer. The goal is to be able to use her mic to record media with better sound quality for streaming, podcasting live, or other social media platforms like TikTok or YouTube.

Any suggestions for the best model or other options would be greatly appreciated.

AI-1:
https://rode.com/en/interfaces-and-mixe ... _now_links
Ohmbrewer

Re: iRig model selection help needed

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 02, 2024 8:39 pm

What device(s) would your wife be connecting the iRig to?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig model selection help needed

Postby Ohmbrewer » Thu May 02, 2024 10:07 pm

Main setup is the Rode mic through the AI-1 interface and into her MacBook.
It’s a simple setup, but the AI-1 is where I get lost. All videos I watched (with the iRig pro) have a plug into the interface. I’m concerned the AI-1 is too basic for that function, but there are quite a few iRig options.
Ohmbrewer

Return to Interfaces & Controllers