ARC4 microphone connection problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

ARC4 microphone connection problem

Postby mrmetaron » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:01 pm

HIall
I just bought ARC Studio, including ARC4 analysis. I have spent 2 weeks trying to get a microphone connection by various routes. Can anyone help?
I'm using Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid C|24 control surface, HP Z6 computer with Creative SBZ SE sound card, AVID 192 audio interface. I've tried the cited 'mic input channels (which ones with C|24 & 192?), sound card mic input, small mixer with USB to computer plus Mixpad DAW, ...
Heeellppp
mrmetaron

Re: ARC4 microphone connection problem

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:59 pm

Sounds like you would connect the ARC MEMS microphone to your Avid 192 via the analog I/O with a breakout cable with XLR connections and set the 192 as your audio interface. The ARCS MEMS microphone is a standard microphone that connects to your audio interface via XLR connection.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrmetaron » Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:49 am

Hi Peter_IK
OK, that seems sensible, but not tried yet for logistic reasons (built-in equipment) :oops:
I've been hoping to do the job through the Sound Blaster microphone socket, which I think I did with ARC3 some time ago, but until now that got me beaten. Many thanks for your intervention - I've been back and forth for 2 weeks with IK Support without success.
Thanks again
mrmetaron aka ron
mrmetaron

Postby mrmetaron » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am

Hi Peter-IK
Tried that. But there is something of a conceptual problem here. All instructions relate to Mic1 or mic2 inputs, but I don't know what that means in my context. What I have done is connect the mic through a small mixer (for phantom and visibility), then to the C|24 mic input 1. This gives me an output signal indication on the 192 input channel 1 (of 8 channels). The ARC4 is set up to use the Sound Blaster ASIO in and out. But no success - no signal at the ARC4.
Sorry to bother you again with this. Any ideas?
Best
Ron
mrmetaron

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:15 pm

Unfortunately no, but if you tell support that the suggestions so far don't work they will continue to assist you. If you are trying to connect to an onboard or non-ASIO/class compliant audio interface which it sounds like might be the case you won't have the best results/ease of use (as you are seeing).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mrmetaron » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:55 am

Hello Peter-IK
Many thanks for your interest.
I have managed to get the system up by connecting phantom-powered microphone (through Avid 192) directly to the audio card mic input. This did not work earlier (odd :-). I have some reservations that the signal includes a degree of 'hum', but until now this does not seem to cause a problem.
So, difficulty alleviated.
At least now I can see what my monitors are doing. Some surprises there...
Best wishes
Ron
mrmetaron

Return to Interfaces & Controllers