Axe I/O audio output stops working, power cycling fixes

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O audio output stops working, power cycling fixes

Postby RyanKoepke1 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:14 pm

Since I got my Axe I/O about a year ago I've had an issue once every 3 monthsish where the audio output would just stop working through all inputs, outputs, and headphones. Now it happens every 20 minutes. The interface is still visible in the control panel, you can see the input from my microphone registering, but it's not outputting to the PC and nothing outputs to my monitors or headphones. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm using it for, either as a guitar interface, or just using headphones with nothing else going on.

Resetting the USB connection or rebooting the PC does nothing. The only way to get audio output working again is to power cycle the Axe I/O. The device is basically useless in its current state. I'm wondering if anyone has run into this before, I do suspect it's a hardware failure which is very unfortunate on such an expensive device.

Thank you.
RyanKoepke1

Re: Axe I/O audio output stops working, power cycling fixes

Postby fashel » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:03 am

Experiencing precisely the same issue. Very frustrating!
fashel

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:19 pm

I haven't experienced this, I'm sure IK Support can help assist you and find out whether it is a hardware or setup issue and get you taken care of. Please open a ticket if you have not done so already via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw and they will help. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RyanKoepke1 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:06 am

Unfortunately I purchased this used, and they requested proof of purchase. To be clear I never informed them of the second hand purchase, so they very well may still support the product. I should probably ask, as any company that tries to lock down second hand purchase of hardware won't get business from me.

Anyways a complete reinstall of the axe control panel appears to have gotten it back up and running so I didn't pursue this further. It will be out if warranty by now even if they did allow transfer of ownership. It's possible this is still a hardware issue. Though seeing as it went from cutting out every 10-20 minutes to functioning flawlessly for a week directly after the reinstall, I suspect it is software.

Thank you all for your responses.
RyanKoepke1

Postby amphora » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:09 am

I also had a similar problem and tried restarting my PC and reinstalling the console. Luckily it worked for me.

foodle
amphora

Postby binenoy893 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 am

Peter_IK wrote:I haven't experienced this, I'm sure IK Support can help assist you and find out whether it is a hardware or setup issue and get you taken care of. Please open a ticket if you have not done so already via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw Tower Defense and they will help. Thanks!

I'm also having this problem, really need help quickly
binenoy893

Return to Interfaces & Controllers