Irig hd x recording using existing pedalboard

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig hd x recording using existing pedalboard

Postby Nschmit1217 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:47 pm

Looking to see if anyone can help me out. Just bought an irig hd x and I’m trying to record guitar through GarageBand using my existing amp and petal board. When I hit record in GarageBand, I can playback my signal using my amp and distortion pedal but when I go to export the song, I am only hearing the clean version. How do I record using my effects pedals and not the ones in GarageBand or AmpliTube? Is this even possible? I’ve tried lots of different configurations but can’t seem to get it to work. It’s driving me crazy because I have a very specific sound with my existing amp/pedalboard that I can’t get in GarageBand or AmpliTube. Any help is appreciated.
Nschmit1217

Re: Irig hd x recording using existing pedalboard

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:15 pm

It would be great to know what your signal path was, specifically. To record an amp you'd typically set up a microphone in front of the speaker cabinet and record the output. Otherwise, if you are plugging your guitar into iRig HD X and HD X into your computer, that is only going to capture the guitar signal not the amplifiers and effects.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers