iRig Pro Duo IO with USB footcontroller for Loopy Pro

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo IO with USB footcontroller for Loopy Pro

Postby Erky32 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:43 pm

I am new to iRig - but I've set it up to interface with my ipad running Loopy Pro. The ipad is v8 with a lightening USB socket only. I'm using guitar & mic for live work , so I need hands free control. I've been using a Nektar Pacer 10 button MIDI foot controller into the iRig which works fine thru a midi connection. My problem is that I would like to replace my Nektar midi controller with a much lighter & smaller 10 button USB connected midi foot-controller. But I can't find a way to connect a USB footcontroller into the interface. It only has a socket for a midi jack, using a supplied midi 5pin to jack adapter lead. I've tried using an Apple CCK camera adapter but that doesnt communicate the foot controller thru it. Does anyone know if the iRig will support a USB input from a foot-controller?
Erky32

Re: iRig Pro Duo IO with USB footcontroller for Loopy Pro

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:50 pm

Any MIDI controller that is USB-based will be the MIDI interface as well. iRig units with MIDI interfaces provide the typical 5-pin (with or without breakout) for connecting traditional MIDI controllers/devices. The iRig interface itself will not accept a USB MIDI interface plugged into it, and I'm not sure how an iOS device will perform/react if you can connect both the iRig interface and a separate USB MIDI interface at the same time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Pro Duo IO with USB footcontroller for Loopy Pro

Postby Erky32 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:23 pm

Thanks, but no worries. I've come to the conclusion that irig pro duo io is not USB compatible, it works seamlessly with 5-pin midi. A USB to midi adapter might be worth a try, but they are expensive , and as you say, theres no telling how they will react. I've put the idea to bed and carry on using my midi footboard controller, its a tad heavy but works fine. thx for response.
Erky32

Return to Interfaces & Controllers