Connect ToneX pedal to PA/mixer

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Connect ToneX pedal to PA/mixer

Postby thomas.reiners » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:19 pm

Hi forum,
Today the ToneX pedal came and I am playing around with it - start to love it!

Question I have is: Do one really need a DI-Box for connecting the ToneX to a PA system? I have currently two use cases: Behringer XR18 and a Yamaha MG10XU. Well, ultimately it should run in all circumstances when playing "somewhere" with "some band" on "some PA", of course.

Anyone an educated opinion on this? :)

Kind Regards,
Thomas
thomas.reiners

Re: Connect ToneX pedal to PA/mixer

Postby thomas.reiners » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:28 am

... anyway. Added DI-Box to pedal board and have now everything I might probably need in future ...
thomas.reiners

Postby axis39 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:11 pm

Sorry, like everyone else, I'm off playing with my pedal and don't check back here much! LOL

I use my ToneX Pedal like you, into an XR-18, also into a JBL Eon 610, by itself.

At home, using a 20' instrument cord it doesn't matter. But, when the runs start getting longer, the XLR cable will carry the signal cleaner.

There's a big advantage for me when I show up at a jam, or a gig where there is a soundman or someone else's PA. All I have to say is, 'Please send my signal as flat as you can with as few effects as you'll allow me. Here's my XLR.'

Plus, passive DI's aren't very expensive. That's all you need.
axis39

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:04 am

I just got the pedal about 6 weeks ago so am still learning the ins and outs. I use it with the return on my Peavey for the moment. Putting this here just to follow the thread as it greatly interests me to just use a PA instead.
Sharmon123@

Return to Interfaces & Controllers