Tonex pedal info needed please

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex pedal info needed please

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:04 pm

I have purchased Amplitube 5 Max and Tonex Max last year and all are the latest versions. I now wish to purchase a Tonex pedal to add to the mix and wish to use it in the following way.

NO modelling required , I only have 3 amps anyway.
Find Tonex captures that I particularly like on Tone net and load them on the pedal as needed for live use depending on the music being played that night.
I would like to do small tweaks if needed and resave the tones before loading on the pedal. These tweaked versions will be kept local only outside of the use on the pedal.
My software install is working perfectly and I don't want to have to re-install any software (except a Tonex driver for Windows 10 if required)

Does everything look kosher to do above or am I going to hit a known snag like a forced re-install of any software or playing around with any licensing ?

Thank you for any help with this.
Sharmon123@

Re: Tonex pedal info needed please

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:33 pm

Since TONEX Pedal uses TONEX software as a librarian you wouldn't need to install any major software like that. You would definitely want to install the TONEX ASIO drivers for Windows which will be available in your IK Product Manager after you register the pedal.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:52 pm

Being able to tweak the tones with effects/features that are licensed on the machine that I am doing the editing on is important. I want a no hassle lock and load of the pedal depending on what I will be playing in the set that night.

Pedal ordered , Thank you.
Sharmon123@

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:08 pm

Great! Yes, you'd be editing in TONEX MAX and then transferring to the pedal. Sounds like that workflow works for you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:45 pm

I also have an AXE I/O and would like to know if I can swap out the pedal as the interface on my laptop install and just use the AXE I/O on the desktop please ?
Sharmon123@

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:59 am

Sharmon123@ wrote:I also have an AXE I/O and would like to know if I can swap out the pedal as the interface on my laptop install and just use the AXE I/O on the desktop please ?

You can use the TONEX Pedal as an audio interface for your laptop, yes. You can switch the pedal between interface and pedal mode quickly and easily.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:48 am

Hi ,

Pedal arrived and is installed but how to I NOT install the free versions of Amplitube 5 and Tonex Max that come with it ? It forces the install with the pedal but I already have the full , paid stand alone versions of both.

Thank you for any help with this.
Sharmon123@

Return to Interfaces & Controllers