Tonex Pedal tone is great but sounds like crap in Audacity

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal tone is great but sounds like crap in Audacity

Postby tomcaine » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:04 am

Hi,

I'm getting great tone out of my Tonex pedal. But when I record in Audacity (v3.4.2/Windows 11) it sounds like crap. It's as if the signal is too low and all of the overdrive, harmonics, etc. are just gone. I've increased the volume level but it sounds awful.

I made sure that the Tonex plug in is enabled in Audacity. Is there anything else I can try? I'm guessing this more of an Audacity issue, but if you know the fix, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Tom
tomcaine

Re: Tonex Pedal tone is great but sounds like crap in Audaci

Postby tomcaine » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:43 pm

Solved my own problem. I switched to Reaper for my DAW. Worked like a charm. I wasted all day yesterday troubleshooting with Audacity. 15 minutes with Reaper and loving what I'm hearing.
tomcaine

Re: Tonex Pedal tone is great but sounds like crap in Audaci

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:22 pm

Great to hear you are having better results now. Honestly, I'd consider Audacity an audio editor but not really a DAW. Reaper is definitely leaps and bounds ahead of Audacity as far as DAW type of functionality goes. Though Audacity is great for more straightforward editing tasks.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers