AXE I/O Mic for use in Windows 11 apps

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Mic for use in Windows 11 apps

Postby woolyninja0 » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:06 pm

I'm trying to use my XLR microphone that's in Line In 2 on the AXE I/O. However Windows 11 ties Line In 1 and 2 together treating 1 as left, and 2 as right. I want to use this microphone in Windows 11 Sound Recorder and Phone Link but unfortunately it records the "right" audio only. Is there an application or setting I can use to force Windows to treat Line In 2 as a mono microphone?
woolyninja0

Re: AXE I/O Mic for use in Windows 11 apps

Postby gingercovert » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:13 am

Open the Sound settings in Windows 11 by right-clicking on the volume icon in the taskbar and selecting "Open Sound settings."

In the Sound settings, under the "Input"geometry dash online section, locate the device corresponding to Line In 2 or the AXE I/O. Click on it to access its settings.

Look for an option related to channel configuration or mono/stereo settings. The availability and location of this setting may vary depending on your sound card or audio driver. Some common options to look for include "Channel Configuration," "Input Configuration," or "Recording Mode."
gingercovert

Re: AXE I/O Mic for use in Windows 11 apps

Postby woolyninja0 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:29 am

Unfortunately Line In 1 and 2 are combined in Windows as "Line In 1/2" and there's no way to turn one or the other off. It always has Line In 1 as one half of the stereo set and Line In 2 as the other.
woolyninja0

Return to Interfaces & Controllers