AXE I/O One Single vs Double Switch Latching Bug?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O One Single vs Double Switch Latching Bug?

Postby rstubes » Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:04 am

I'm attempting to use a double, momentary, normally-open footswitch with a TRS connector to control the the looper in AT5. In the AXE I/O One control panel I have the external control configured to be a double switch with both set to latch. I then go to the Control > Global pane and Learn LOOP1 and Looper Global Play. I'm using AXE IO ONE Control Software (Windows) Ver. 1.0.1 Released on 2024-01-10.

The problem is the MIDI actuation is happening on the switch RELEASE (opening) rather than the press (closing). That is LOOP1 starts when I release the switch and Looper Global Play starts/stops when I release the other switch. This behavior seems incorrect. I expect the actuation to happen on the press.

The reason I think this is a bug is because if I change the external control type to single switch, latching, it works as expected. Only the first button on the footswitch works but the MIDI actuation happens on the press, which seems correct.

Has anyone else had this problem or can anyone else replicate it?

I have a single footswitch with a polarity selector and I did some experimenting with MidiView (MIDI signal viewer) to see if I could figure out exactly what is going on. :ugeek: If I configure the external control for single switch, momentary, and configure the physical switch for normally open, I get min value on closing (press) and max value on opening (release). If I change the external control to a double switch I get max value on closing and min value on opening. The effective polarity is changing when changing between single and double switch. I don't think this is the intended behavior, which is why I'm thinking bug.

Anyone have thoughts?
rstubes

Return to Interfaces & Controllers