iRig Micro Amp

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Micro Amp

Postby dissectionalone » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:31 am

I've bought an iRig Micro Amp in 2019 and i'm not sure if I just drew the short straw or if the product's supposed to really be this bad.

I don't use it with any IOS device because I don't own any but I'd say even as an iRig Interface the Micro Amp isn't particularly good. For starters, the Amp is extremely noisy, even on its clean channel with the gain all the way down and running on batteries.
Whenever it's turned on or off it makes such a noticeable pop sound (as if you had an amp on and plugged and unplugged your instrument) that in order to try and avoid any eventual damage to a speaker cabinet I connect to it (or even the microamps own internal driver) I have to resort to plugging headphones to it.

Is this the normal behaviour for this thing or I just got a really bad one?
dissectionalone

Re: iRig Micro Amp

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:04 pm

iRig Micro Amp should perform quite well, I suggest you work with IK Support on these issues via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw

Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Micro Amp

Postby dissectionalone » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:54 pm

I've sent support a message

[mod redacted - unnecessary]
dissectionalone

Return to Interfaces & Controllers