512 minimum fixed buffer size on PC for AXE I/O one?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

512 minimum fixed buffer size on PC for AXE I/O one?

Postby Bezzer53 » Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:53 pm

Hi, apologies if this has already been posted, but is there any particular reason why the buffer size is locked at a minimum of 512 on the Axe I/O one Windows PC control panel?

Apologies if this is naive of me in any way (fairly new to recording and production), but it just seems really impractical!

I have no issues with buffer settings on my current Focusrite A/I and can manually adjust the buffer size down to 16 through its dedicated ASIO.

512 has slight lag and is unworkable and seemingly unchangeable within my DAW of choice (FL Studio 21).

Can this issue be solved with a new I/O one driver update or patch? Is it actually an issue? or is there a valid reason for this?

Thanks in advance.
Bezzer53

Re: 512 minimum fixed buffer size on PC for AXE I/O one?

Postby mattygbass » Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:39 am

make sure you have the Axe/io control panel app downloaded. and if you are using amplitube or tonex or any standalone IK product, go to the settings in the app and make sure you are using asio technology, and choose your output device as axe/io, and then you can choose your buffer size. in amplitube i can go all the way down to 16, and tonex 32 for buffer size
mattygbass

Postby Bezzer53 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:04 pm

mattygbass, A huge thanks for your help and at least I know I can use it to some degree now, so I really appreciate it.

However, I still don't understand why the buffer size on the interface/control panel itself is locked at a 512 minimum.
This makes such little sense for a hardware audio interface, as it basically relies on you using solely IK Multimedia products or DAWS that either have dedicated core ASIO or made their ASIO client compatible.

I'm guessing that if Amplitube or Cubase for examples, can let you change the buffer size in Axe I/O one, that IK Multimedia could release a new patch/driver that can let you change it manually within the control panel?

This would solve so many compatibility/producing/recording issues.
Bezzer53

Postby mattygbass » Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:30 am

Bezzer53 wrote:mattygbass, A huge thanks for your help and at least I know I can use it to some degree now, so I really appreciate it.

However, I still don't understand why the buffer size on the interface/control panel itself is locked at a 512 minimum.
This makes such little sense for a hardware audio interface, as it basically relies on you using solely IK Multimedia products or DAWS that either have dedicated core ASIO or made their ASIO client compatible.

I'm guessing that if Amplitube or Cubase for examples, can let you change the buffer size in Axe I/O one, that IK Multimedia could release a new patch/driver that can let you change it manually within the control panel?

This would solve so many compatibility/producing/recording issues.

I think once you set it inside amplitube, it will change on your control panel app
mattygbass

Postby Bezzer53 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:19 pm

mattygbass, it did and I'm finally good to go now.

Thanks again, much appreciated
Bezzer53

Return to Interfaces & Controllers