Will Windows 10 to 11 upgrade solve audio pops/clicks?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Will Windows 10 to 11 upgrade solve audio pops/clicks?

Postby Swmpmystr01 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:18 pm

Just a quick query to see if anyone using an IK iRig (in my case the iRig HD X) has found that upgrading from windows 10 to windows 11 solved problems with audio snap crackle and pop interference? I recently bought an iRig HD X for my windows 10 PC and it has persistent problems with snap/crackle/pop interference during recording, playback. It works fine on ipad, iphone, and a windows 11 laptop, but my main DAW is on my PC. I've spent a lot of time trying various possible solutions suggested elsewhere - done cable checks, signal path checks, sample buffer size changes (makes no difference at all), unplugged other USB peripherals, disabled windows processes, tried different USB ports and cables, disabled windows power management, and even disabled windows 'c states'. The problem persists. As a last resort I'm considering upgrading to windows 11 as I've seen on other manufacturers forums that this has been a solution to this type of issue - apparently windows 10 has some kind of issue sometimes with USB 3 ports. Anyone found this upgrade resolves this type of issue?

PS - its not a PC hardware spec problems - plenty of CPU overhead, plenty of RAM etc.

Thanks for any replies.
Swmpmystr01

RESOLVED: Will Windows 10 to 11 upgrade solve audio pops/cli

Postby Swmpmystr01 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:20 pm

Since my original post I decided to try some driver updates for non-IK related hardware on the motherboard (Gigabyte Z390M Gaming) - I used the Gigabyte 'App Centre' utility to update about half a dozen drivers relating to the motherboard's on-board audio processing, and lo and behold, it seems to have solved the problem! I now have pristine audio playback and recording both directly through the iRig into Amplitube, and into Cakewalk with Amplitube as a plugin, all without having to upgrade to Windows 11.
Swmpmystr01

Return to Interfaces & Controllers