iRig HDx wet signal out issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HDx wet signal out issues

Postby OffWorld86 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:57 pm

This might be a bit of a ramble but just trying to be thorough with my question.

I bought a brand new iRig HDx through Apple UK and it doesn't appear to be working as intended.

While I can get an input signal and record into Garageband iOS the monitoring doesn't work as described.

I can only get a dry guitar signal out through the headphone and amp out but not a wet mixed output as I should through any combination of settings.
I've followed a few guides online where it shows a wet signal going out to both headphones and amp but following these I have still had no luck with getting this outcome.

All audio cables have been checked straight into my amp, tried two sets of wired headphones both of which work with my other devices and even tried the original usb c to usb c cable that came with my iPad pro 11 inch 3rd generation.
All software is currently up to date iOS 17.2, Garageband, ToneX, and JamUp Pro.

Even with thorough testing I cannot get a wet guitar signal out of this device, what could be the issue here any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you.
OffWorld86

Re: iRig HDx wet signal out issues

Postby LafayetteJacob » Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:51 am

OffWorld86 wrote:This might be a bit of a ramble but just trying to be thorough with my question.

I bought a brand new iRig HDx through Apple UK and it doesn't appear to be working as intended.

While I can get an input signal and record into Garageband iOS the monitoring doesn't work as described.

I can only get a dry guitar signal out through the headphone and amp out but not a wet mixed output as I should through any combinationsuika game of settings.
I've followed a few guides online where it shows a wet signal going out to both headphones and amp but following these I have still had no luck with getting this outcome.

All audio cables have been checked straight into my amp, tried two sets of wired headphones both of which work with my other devices and even tried the original usb c to usb c cable that came with my iPad pro 11 inch 3rd generation.
All software is currently up to date iOS 17.2, Garageband, ToneX, and JamUp Pro.

Even with thorough testing I cannot get a wet guitar signal out of this device, what could be the issue here any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thank you.

Incorrect monitoring settings. This is the most likely culprit. Double-check your monitoring settings in both Garageband and the specific amp apps you're using (ToneX, JamUp Pro). Make sure that "Direct Monitoring" is not enabled for your guitar input, as this would bypass the effects processing altogether. Look for options like "Hardware Monitoring" or "Amp Monitoring" and ensure they are turned on.
LafayetteJacob

Postby NadiaEira » Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:07 am

Make sure that "Direct Monitoring" is not enabled for your guitar input, as this will completely bypass the effects processing skibidi toilet
NadiaEira

Postby Jbuginas » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:22 am

I have a similar problem intermittently with the IRIG HDX, but it seems to correct itself within a half hour or so. Just about the time I get ready to toss the device in the garbage, it corrects itself. Can’t figure out a pattern yet. I’ve had the software and Irig since October. It can go OK for weeks, and them stop working.

I have an iPad PRO, latest iOS, and am using latest version of BIAS FX 2.

When it fails, I can get the dry guitar signal to headphones and amp, but every once in a while, it simply doesn’t get a wet signal out.

I’ve swapped the USBC cable, rebooted, closed all other apps.

I’ve made sure my headphone volume is turned up properly.

It’s a bit frustrating, because I can’t figure out if it’s a hardware problem with the IRIG or software with BIAS FX 2.

I’m not running garage band or anything else.
Jbuginas

Return to Interfaces & Controllers