Tonex as Interface No Master Volume

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex as Interface No Master Volume

Postby ShatteredMcCafferty » Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:28 am

Hi all

Just a quick question.

I have a rack 18i20 that I use very limited inputs on. I want to use the Tonex as an interface to have a more simplified set up but apart from within Global Settings, I cannot find out how to control the master volume to the monitors (interface not patches).

It seems a little off when using it as an interface that you cannot assign a controller to the master volume or automatically have the volume knob become a master monitor controller.

With headphones plugged in, and watching YouTube on the Mac, you cannot control the master volume to the headphones without using the interface Global Settings, you cannot use the Volume control on the Mac for example. This means you have to use the volume on YouTube, but if you suddenly switch to Spotify the volume is not comparable meaning it will be lower, or extremely loud, depending on the volume set in Spotify.

Maybe I am missing something or is volume set per app, and there is no master volume control without menu diving.

Mike
ShatteredMcCafferty

Return to Interfaces & Controllers