Connect I/O solo to stereo receiver with passive speaker?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Connect I/O solo to stereo receiver with passive speaker?

Postby ejohn108 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:54 pm

Hi all,

I'd like to connect the axe i/o solo to a pair of passive speakers. I have a Denon AR receiver I use to power a mini-home theatre and when I want to listen to music via my PC.

I've been able to listen play along with the sounds of the Amplitube through the interface using headphones plugged directly into the interface. I'm curious how easy it would be to get the sound outputed to some speakers instead? Or maybe output them to the guitar combo-amp I have?

I'm dreaming of playing along with some high gain guitar sounds at a bedroom/apartment friendly volume and to do so without wearing headphones? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be wonderful.

:D
ejohn108

Re: Connect I/O solo to stereo receiver with passive speaker

Postby solemndave » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:41 am

I have my Axe I/O connected to a Yamaha amp which is powering a pair of NS10s with no issue. However, the Yamaha has 1/4" inputs. So I just run 1/4 " trs cables from the outputs of the Axe I/O to the inputs of the Yamaha. No problem. If the inputs on your Denon are a different type (RCA, or whatever), you can get adapters that can fix that issue.
Cheers and beers!
solemndave

Postby Moideca » Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:39 am

You need to make sure that the power output from the Axe I/O Solo geometry dash meltdown can be handled by your passive speakers. Consider the impedance of your speakers, measured in ohms, as well as their power handling capabilities.
Moideca

Postby ryanrobbie » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:40 am

I value that you wrote this great post for us. I promise that this will be good for most people mapquest driving directions
ryanrobbie

Return to Interfaces & Controllers