iRig USB + Iphone 14

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig USB + Iphone 14

Postby Soltypack » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:16 pm

Good day,
I bought a new iRig USB - https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... php?p=info
but when I try to connect it to the Iphone 14 using USB-C to Lightning connector, the device does not work. Do I need some special reduction?

Thank you in advance
Soltypack

Re: iRig USB + Iphone 14

Postby Jmeekman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:08 am

Did you ever figure this out? I am struggling with the Lightning to USB 3 right now… iRig USB is not being recognized as an audio device at all.
Jmeekman

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:29 pm

From the Specs page, you'd need to use Apple's camera adapter:

Also compatible with iPhone and iPad devices with Lightning connector using Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jmeekman » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:14 pm

Correct… and that is what I am trying to use. But no luck… I know the iRig works, I have plugged it directly into my MacBook and it was recognized, and I know the Apple CCK lightning to USB 3 works as I connected my usb headphone with no issue…

But I can’t seem to get the iRig to be recognized by the iPad through the Lightning to USB 3… and that is what I need… it doesn’t even cause a blip on the ipad when I plug it in… when what it should do is appear as an external audio device, like my headphones do…

So weird!
Jmeekman

Return to Interfaces & Controllers