Axe I/O One causes all other USB ports to crash on Mac Studi

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O One causes all other USB ports to crash on Mac Studi

Postby andrewschmitt » Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:41 am

If I plug in my Axe I/O One after I've started my machine it either disrupts all other USB connections momentarily, or on one occasion it crashed all of them entirely and I had to hard reboot my Mac studio by holding down the power button because my mouse and keyboard were no longer working. One of the two happens every single time.

I have external USB hard disks connected and it causes them to eject improperly every single time which risks data loss / corruption. This is a major problem in my opinion, what gives? Is the expectation to have the AXE I/O One plugged in and powered on at all times? Otherwise we have to shut down, plug it in, and restart when we want to use it to avoid risking critical USB connections to other devices?
andrewschmitt

Re: Axe I/O One causes all other USB ports to crash on Mac S

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue while you wait to see if any users chime in here with any suggestions or who may have similar issues. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Axe I/O One causes all other USB ports to crash on Mac S

Postby andrewschmitt » Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:11 pm

To anyone who comes across this....

This seems to be a Mac Studio issue Ihttps://discussions.apple.com/thread/254512050. I added a powered thunderbolt dock (Caldigit TS3 Plus) and it so far it has mitigated the problem.
andrewschmitt

Return to Interfaces & Controllers