AXE I/O one Tonex modeling problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O one Tonex modeling problem

Postby solemndave » Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:06 pm

I have contacted support about this (10 days ago, no reply). Hoping that I can get some help here. I'm running win11. This is the message I sent to support:

I'm trying to use the Tonex modeler software to capture some of my amplifiers. (I also own a Tonex pedal). I purchased it after seeing how "easy" it is to do according to this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsG2ZAXcYwY&t=483s. I have everything hooked up the way he does, however when I get to the page in Tonex of the "Audio Setup and Rig Connections" I only have 2 outputs available (output channel 1 and output channel 2) There is no 3rd output (which I assume is the Amp out). In the youtube video, it's around the 8 minute mark where he has a picture of the product. I have "Technology Device, ASIO Control Panel". The options that I have in the middle of this to change are "Windows Audio" and a few others (I've tried them all) and Speakers (IK Multimedia AXE IO One).
Is there something I'm missing here??
Please help...

Thank you all in advance.
solemndave

Re: AXE I/O one Tonex modeling problem

Postby solemndave » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:06 pm

Any one? Please? Or all of you Mac users...lol.
solemndave

Postby adriandix@rocketmail.com » Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:59 am

I've just watched the video and read the manual for I/O One and the output 3 is on the front of the unit which says "Amp Out"
In the manual there's a diagram of the front and it says there that the socket on the far right
which is labelled as 3 is "Amp Out"
Hope the makes sense.
adriandix@rocketmail.com

Postby solemndave » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:01 pm

Hi Adrian (I assume that's your name) :),
Thank you for your reply. The problem I'm having is that the tonex software is not "seeing" that output. It's not available. There's a drop down box to choose the amp out, but there is nothing to choose, it's blank. I have output 1 and output 2, but there's no amp out (or output 3).
Very frustrating... I still haven't heard back from support :(
Thanks for putting in the time, it's much appreciated.
Cheers and beers,
Dave
solemndave

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:20 pm

Have you installed the AXE I/O One drivers/control panel? Are you seeing all the inputs and outputs working properly in the Control Panel if so?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby solemndave » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:29 pm

Hi Peter, yes I have installed the control panel software and see everything in the control panel software. However I'm not seeing everything in the tonex modeling software. When I go to the modeling section of the tonex software, I only have two outputs instead of three (I also have a tonex pedal, so I have tonex max.)
And to make things even more confusing (to me anyway), the axe I/O works fine in my DAW...I can even reamp with it, and I see the amp out meter in the control panel software moving.
And...I purchased a Mac mini that is well within the modeler requirements. When I get to audio setup page in the modeling software, I have all three outputs, but no input! Pretty confusing...
solemndave

Return to Interfaces & Controllers