Rookie needs connection advice

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Rookie needs connection advice

Postby scadams3d » Sat Oct 14, 2023 4:22 am

As a beginner at home recording, with an amp and I need some connection advice. My interface is the axe io solo and I want to connect my amp (Revv D20) to record in Logic Pro. Signal chain: guitar - amp input - xlr out of amp into the combo jack of the solo - into Logic Pro? Normally, I play through _ or Amplitube with guitar into interface easy enough. Don’t want to destroy amp or interface or computer. Your advice is much appreciated! Your ridicule and mockery is not.
Thanks!
scadams3d

Re: Rookie needs connection advice

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:37 pm

No ridicule or mockery here. I looked at the D20 manual to be sure but it seems you would connect the XLR output directly to your interface so your setup sounds quite valid. The thing you may want to be careful about is the internal load/speaker switch.

Here is what I found that seems to indicate you'd go from XLR out --> AXE I/O Solo XLR input but please make sure you've reviewed how to set the load switch first:
Balanced Output XLR and Ground Lift - The balanced output XLR jack is
a direct output from Two notes Torpedo Embedded. By connecting this
output to front of house or an audio interface you can capture D20’s tone
with no need for a cabinet or microphone! The ground lift switch will
defeat the ground on the D20 should you encounter ground noise from
other equipment you have connected.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers