Buying a used Axe I/O- software & registration question

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Buying a used Axe I/O- software & registration question

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:59 pm

Hello All,

I hope to buy a use Axe I/O, but before I do:

Can I register the unit if the original owner has registered it?

How do I download the Control software? When I look at the Product Manager right now, there's no choice for this software. Will it show up as a download, once I own/hookup/register the Axe I/O?

Thanks in advance!
MagnumOpus007

Re: Buying a used Axe I/O- software & registration question

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:41 pm

Bumping this thread and asking for some help please!!

I got my used Axe I/O today and tried to register it, using the serial number on the bottom of the unit under the bar code.

The IK Product Manager keeps telling me it's an invalid serial number. I don't have the registration card, envelope, or anything else. How do I register and get the software? Please help.
MagnumOpus007

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:06 pm

This is not an official company support forum, so the best thing to do contact IKM Support, via the web site, for some one to one help. Search the FAQs first as there my be an answer there, then you can [Contact Support].
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:12 pm

I contacted IK support. If you buy a used Axe I/O, they cannot provide registration, software, or support. Very dissapointing, but I guess that’s the policy. I provided my receipt from Guitar Center and a photo of my unit serial, but no. You have to buy new for these things.This should be stated somewhere do people don’t buy used IK hardware hoping for software, support, etc.
MagnumOpus007

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:32 pm

They will get you the drivers/control panel and if you have problems in general they'll answer to the best of their ability.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:58 am

Hi Peter, IK told me I could not have the Control software nor support for my question about doing a capture. They told me the software and support would only be if I bought new.

Here are the email responses from IK:

“ Unfortunately, as this product was purchased second hand and purchased as used we cannot offer you a new serial number.

Do note, your product will work without restriction prior to registration. The main benefit of having the product registered is to unlock any specific Drivers/Firmware, alongside other benefits such as bundled software, warranty support, and qualifying for future discounts. Do note, if you need just the Drivers/Firmware, let us know and we can look into sending these to you.”

In addition, regarding my question about buying a new unit vs. the used one I bought, they said:

“ Buying an AXE IO with a serial number would give you access to drivers as well as additional support and software.”
MagnumOpus007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:44 pm

The Control Panel is part of the drivers. You get what you need to use AXE I/O. Our Support Manager verified they were giving you access to the Control Panel/drivers specifically.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:28 pm

Thank you so much, greatly appreciate all the follow up!
MagnumOpus007

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:44 pm

MagnumOpus007 wrote:Thank you so much, greatly appreciate all the follow up!

No problem. Let me know if you run into any other issues, it should be smooth sailing but I tried to verify it to the point where you won't so I'm thinking you should be good to go! It's a fantastic interface. I have two AXE I/O and now an AXE I/O One because I'm loving the AXE I/O line. Oh and the Z-TONE DI for my larger main setup (since I need many more inputs/outputs I'll have to wait to see if we do a massive AXE I/O even 8-channel units that could be daisychained like my other interfaces for the big setup :) ).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby PWi2390 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:50 pm

I bought a new unit from my dealer, Bax . But the registration code was supposed already in use by another user.
Now I have nothing working.
I have contacted both Bax and ik, but after a week no solution yet.

I cannot use the unit, nor the extra software ampl. Max 5.

Surely, piracy must be stopped, but I,m no pirate.
PWi2390

Postby MagnumOpus007 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:06 am

Peter_IK wrote:
MagnumOpus007 wrote:Thank you so much, greatly appreciate all the follow up!

No problem. Let me know if you run into any other issues, it should be smooth sailing but I tried to verify it to the point where you won't so I'm thinking you should be good to go! It's a fantastic interface. I have two AXE I/O and now an AXE I/O One because I'm loving the AXE I/O line. Oh and the Z-TONE DI for my larger main setup (since I need many more inputs/outputs I'll have to wait to see if we do a massive AXE I/O even 8-channel units that could be daisychained like my other interfaces for the big setup :) ).

Thanks Peter. I ended up returning the used Axe I/O and bought a brand new one. I wanted the ability to register and get proper tech support.

Question about setting up for Tonex amp captures. Please let me know if I have this right:

Guitar into left input 1 (high z)
Out from amp load box (Suhr Reactive Load) into mic input 2 (back of Axe)
Amp out of Axe (far right) into tube amp

Thanks.
MagnumOpus007

Return to Interfaces & Controllers