Tonex Pedal and using external pedal - issues with patches

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal and using external pedal - issues with patches

Postby haller2b » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:16 pm

So I unbboxed my Tonex and found out that my old expression pedal wouldn't work with it so I bought a new one. It worked great on the first few patches - I used it to boost the Gain and Volume settings (like in a rhythm versus lead usecase). It worked great for two of the patches - it doesn't seem to work on the high gain patches (I tried it with the Plexi patch) even though if I use the same setting with the nobs it does exactly what I want. I then turned all of the knobs to 0 and all up to 10 for the external control settings - that actually does work! I go back to just attempting to use moderate gain and volume settings and it doesn't work!

Is this a defect with my unit or a software bug/firmware bug? I go back to my first two patches and they still work fine so it doesn't appear to be a pedal issue in anyway or form...
haller2b

Re: Tonex Pedal and using external pedal - issues with patch

Postby haller2b » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:31 pm

I think that you can't use the expression pedal to change the patch volume - which is the most ludicrous thing I have ever seen...

If anyone has a clue of how to fix this - that was the one thing I wanted to use the pedal for... :oops:
haller2b

Return to Interfaces & Controllers