Cakewalk reamping

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Cakewalk reamping

Postby JonnyFunk » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:23 am

I just set up an AXE I/O One on my Windows 10 system and everything seems to be working fine except I cannot seem to reamp my recorded dry signal from inside Cakewalk 2022.11. I saw the help video that says to route the recorded track output to Channel 5 of the AXE I/O but only channels 1-4 show up in my list of output options. I bought this unit just to do reamping so I hope there is a way to do it in Cakewalk. Anyone know if Cakewalk can reamp to the AXE I/O One? If so, how? Thanks!
JonnyFunk

Re: Cakewalk reamping

Postby JonnyFunk » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:50 pm

I realize now that the AXE I/O One has only 1 input so there are essentially 3 outputs: 1 right main, 2 left main, and 3 to amp. That means there is no Channel 5 for this unit. In Cakewalk, Channel 3 in Cakewalk shows up as "Out 3" but the reamping process still does not work when Out 3 is used for the dry signals output. I can successfully route the recorded dry signal to Channel 2, and the signal sounds good going into the amp, but trying to record the miked amp to Channel 1 results in barely audible sound for some reason even with the gain maxed out. I would just assume that my unit's Channel 3 amp output was faulty but recording the direct dry signal to Channel 1 and and using the amp output to send the signal through to the amp while recording works fine. Any ideas?
JonnyFunk

Return to Interfaces & Controllers