Tonex Pedal and iPad

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal and iPad

Postby sdavidsos » Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:12 am

Can I control the Tonex Pedal from an iPad as I can from my Macbook? Ive been able to use the pedal as an audio interface.
sdavidsos

Re: Tonex Pedal and iPad

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 09, 2023 4:56 pm

Hi, could you specify what you mean by "control"? Note that the iOS app is not a Librarian for the pedal like the Mac/PC software is so you wouldn't be able to move tones to and from the pedal like you can in the desktop software. Also note that the desktop software is a Librarian not a full Editor so you're not really controlling the pedal from there either.

You can control the pedal via MIDI from any properly set-up and connected MIDI device (TONEX Pedal has MIDI ports) if that's what you mean.

If you are trying to use TONEX Pedal as your audio interface on iOS that is not likely to work without a powered hub and even then it might not work as you expect or at least not as easily.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sdavidsos » Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:51 am

Peter_IK wrote:Hi, could you specify what you mean by "control"? Note that the iOS app is not a Librarian for the pedal like the Mac/PC software is so you wouldn't be able to move tones to and from the pedal like you can in the desktop software. Also note that the desktop software is a Librarian not a full Editor so you're not really controlling the pedal from there either.

You can control the pedal via MIDI from any properly set-up and connected MIDI device (TONEX Pedal has MIDI ports) if that's what you mean.

If you are trying to use TONEX Pedal as your audio interface on iOS that is not likely to work without a powered hub and even then it might not work as you expect or at least not as easily.

Peter, thanks for the reply.
What I meant was to use the iPad to scroll through and change presets as I can on my MacBook. It's preferable to see better info on the MacBook's screen rather than the limited display on the Tonex Pedal. Also Navigating by scrolling through the presets is also great. I would like to do the same on my iPad with its touchscreen.
It would be nice if the iPad app could be as fully capable as the MacBook app, but that's for another discussion. :D
I was able to use the pedal as a USB audio device without a powered hub as the pedal has its own power supply.
So back to the original question, I would like to use the iPad, rather than a midi controller as the iPad Tonex app should be able (not that it is) to show more info and in a more meaningful way.
sdavidsos

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:48 pm

The iOS app is not a Librarian for the TONEX Pedal so you would not have the functionality as you describe that is in the Mac/PC TONEX software.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sdavidsos » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:42 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The iOS app is not a Librarian for the TONEX Pedal so you would not have the functionality as you describe that is in the Mac/PC TONEX software.

I worked that out by exploration. The product documentation is a bit sparse. Adding iOS functionality would be a great improvement to the user experience as it would add a touch screen and not require a cable to a bulkier PC, Macbook or Windows laptop. Is there any hope for this to happen?
sdavidsos

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:56 pm

I've relayed the request as well as a full editor instead of librarian. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Cstanley » Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:41 am

This is a bummer. I was under the impression I could somehow Bluetooth the TONEX to the iPad and have an iPad interface. The kemper does this guys cmon (sad face).
Cstanley

Return to Interfaces & Controllers