My iRig 37 Pro Keyboard doesn't turn on anymore

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Postby ventx » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:45 am

I have a IK Multimedia iRig Keys 37 Pro for more than four years. A month ago the keyboard would only work if I twisted the usb cable in a precise weird position and it will turn off immediately when the position changed.
But now it just stopped turning on. I've tried different ports and cables but nothing. The same thing happened to my launchpad two years ago.
ventx

Re: My iRig 37 Pro Keyboard doesn't work anymore

Postby cbraswell7 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:06 pm

Same as the prior post. My iRig keys Pro no longer works. I've had it for about 8-10 years. It has usually worked well. It never leaves my studio, so it's been well cared for. All my other midi keyboards work fine. I use ProTools 2023.

I haven't used the controller in a while, so perhaps i just can't remember what the settings need to be in the MIDI setup. I tried every combination I could think of.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

--Clint
cbraswell7

Re: My iRig 37 Pro Keyboard doesn't work anymore

Postby ventx » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:48 pm

cbraswell7 wrote:Same as the prior post. My iRig keys Pro no longer works. I've had it for about 8-10 years. It has usually worked well. It never leaves my studio, so it's been well cared for. All my other midi keyboards work fine. I use ProTools 2023.

I haven't used the controller in a while, so perhaps i just can't remember what the settings need to be in the MIDI setup. I tried every combination I could think of.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

--Clint

I sent it to a small musical instrument shop for repair.
Initially I thought it was the USB port that broke after inserting and removing it, but he changed it and nothing happened.
It must be something to do with power supply.
ventx

Re: My iRig 37 Pro Keyboard doesn't turn on anymore

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:14 pm

Have you reported your issues to IK Support? They would likely at least have some insight as to what could cause the issues you're having.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cbraswell7 » Sat Jul 29, 2023 1:53 pm

To clarify my previous post, it's not that my I Rig keys Pro won't turn on. It turns on and the lights light up, but I can't find any combination of MIDI settings that will allow the keyboard to function as a MIDI controller. My other MIDI controllers work with Pro Tools without any trouble.

As suggested by a previous post, it was suggested I contact IK Support.
Unfortunately I can't find support, or any way to reach out to support.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks!

--Clint
cbraswell7

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:07 pm

Hi, you would visit http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and then click the proper category. You'll be prompted to search the FAQ and once you do that if you don't find a full solution there will be a link/button to open a ticket in the FAQ entries.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers