Tonex Pedal Macbook Pro setup (only 44.100 Hz)

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal Macbook Pro setup (only 44.100 Hz)

Postby ElGeoff » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:40 pm

Loving the pedal, and I'm testing out as much as possible out of it, including the "Interface" mode. I've found many of the same issues described on this forum (such has having the pedal preset sound over whatever sound it's being played by Amplitube plugin, for example). But I've ran into two issues I haven't been able to fix on my own:

-The pedal box claims it can delivers 192khz processing, and yet, in the Audio MIDI settings in the Macbook Pro, I only get the option for 44.100 Hz (I do voiceovers on the side, and I cannot work with an interface unless it can be set to at least 48.000 Hz). How can I set the pedal to 192 Khz? Please note: not even in REAPER is letting me set it to 192 Khz, and I've updated the pedal's firmware already.

-Once in "Interface" mode, I can get the audio from the Macbook through the pedal, but... How can I control the volume? The Volume know on the pedal does nothing, and even though the Macbook lets me lower the volume using the volume icon in the main bar, I'd be quite surprised that the pedal has a headphone out, but the volume knob is not assigned to work during "Interface" mode... Can someone show me how to set it up accordingly?

Best regards all!
ElGeoff

Re: Tonex Pedal Macbook Pro setup (only 44.100 Hz)

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:36 pm

Per the Specs page, the audio interface functionality is 44.1kHz:
USB connection/ 24-bit/44.1 kHz audio interface

192kHz is the converters (per the Specs page as well)

For master volume while in interface mode, INTERFACE VOL is a Global Setting, you can find this on page 25 of the TONEX Pedal User Manual.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers