Using iRig Stream Pro directly to DSLR camera

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using iRig Stream Pro directly to DSLR camera

Postby jocsan.pr » Sun Jul 02, 2023 4:57 pm

Hello, is it possible to use the irig stream pro directly to a dslr camera? I’ve only seen people using it directly to an iPhone or Mac but not to a camera through the phones out. Thanks in advance.
jocsan.pr

Re: Using iRig Stream Pro directly to DSLR camera

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2023 3:50 pm

For the headphone output to work you'd still need to connect iRig Stream Pro to a compatible device as it is not a standalone unit. You might want to look at iRig Stream or iRig Pre 2, or other interfaces we make that connect directly via TRRS instead of Lightning/USB/etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jocsan.pr » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:29 pm

Thank you for the reply!

I used a Stream Pro once and instead of connecting it to a phone I plugged it in an iPhone charger and it was activated. Used the headphone out directly to a camera but encountered and INSANE amount of hiss or white noise. Could the hiss be because of the charger I was using or something else I’m not taking into consideration?
jocsan.pr

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:35 pm

jocsan.pr wrote:Thank you for the reply!

I used a Stream Pro once and instead of connecting it to a phone I plugged it in an iPhone charger and it was activated. Used the headphone out directly to a camera but encountered and INSANE amount of hiss or white noise. Could the hiss be because of the charger I was using or something else I’m not taking into consideration?

That sounds like the noise from the power source. iRig Stream Pro is not standalone so it will not work properly unless connected to a compatible device. I would recommend looking at the interfaces I mention in my previous reply.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jocsan.pr » Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:42 pm

Thanks!
jocsan.pr

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:22 pm

iRig Pre 2 is popular with DSLR users, we mention compatibility here so it would seem the safest for a mic input https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigpre2/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jocsan.pr » Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:36 pm

Is there a stereo version?
jocsan.pr

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:01 pm

jocsan.pr wrote:Is there a stereo version?

Not for iRig Pre 2, I would recommend iRig Stream Solo for stereo. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigstreamsolo
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jocsan.pr » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:41 am

Do the TRRS cable switch to TRS automatically for devises that don’t use TRRS?
jocsan.pr

Return to Interfaces & Controllers