AXE I/O ONE iOS issues

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O ONE iOS issues

Postby erictakacs66 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:50 am

Does anyone know the minimum iPad requirements for this interface? On the IK website it just says “works with the latest iPad models”, but they don’t specify what models are compatible. I have an iPad 8, so since that is not the latest model I guess I’m screwed. If I’m wrong about that, I am still having issues. When I plugged it in, a pop up box said “Accessory Unavailable
The attached accessory uses too much power”. If there is a fix for this, I’m still screwed in that it seems I can only model my real amps using a Mac or PC, correct? I also can’t figure out how to get my free upgrade to Tonex SE. I registered the interface on the app and IK website and no upgrade.

Thanks for any help!
erictakacs66

Re: AXE I/O ONE iOS issues

Postby dpldpl » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:11 pm

I’m wondering if Apple's Camera Connection Kit would allow the Axe I/O One to function with older iPads (I have a seventh gen iPad that I’m wanting to use the Axe I/O One with, and am likely not going to buy it if some solution for iPad use is not there, or if it turns out only iPad Pro is usable, since they can supply power to connected devices whereas regular iPads cannot)

I asked ChatGPT about the connection kit:

Q
“Does Apple’s camera connection kit supply power through each of its usb output connections? That is, does it supply power along with a usb connection for devices plugged into it?”

ChatGPT
“Yes, Apple's Camera Connection Kit does supply power through its USB output connections. This allows you to connect and power devices like cameras, MIDI controllers, and other USB peripherals using your iOS device.”
dpldpl

Postby dpldpl » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Here’s a link to forum thread where the last post mentions using an iPad Air 2 with the camera connection kit, and that’s from two years ago.

I don’t believe the airs supply power, so it might be similar to a reg iPad in that way

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27604
dpldpl

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:03 pm

You would need to use a powered hub if your lightning-based iOS device can't power AXE I/O One enough. USB-C directly on newer iPads will work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dpldpl » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:46 pm

Hi Peter!

Any chance that is the same difference as the Apple Camera Connection Kit, possibly a generic name for the same kind of connection hub?

I’m guessing iPadOS should work fine with Axe I/O One as an audio interface, even with the older iPads, and no need for the iPadPro in that way. My gen 7 iPad works fine with my Yamaha AG03 audio interface
dpldpl

Postby szmash » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:33 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You would need to use a powered hub if your lightning-based iOS device can't power AXE I/O One enough. USB-C directly on newer iPads will work.

I'm trying to get AXE I/O One to work with iPad Air 2. I'm using it with a CCK, plus a powered USB 2.0 hub (2A output power). The device doesn't power up.

Am I right to assume this is only a power issue? Would iOS/iPadOS recognize the interface if the latter had enough power?

My use case: currently using iRig HD 2 with iPad Air 2 for home and band practice. AXE I/O One would be a nice upgrade especially because of the MIDI and pedal connectivity features.

Could it work with iPad Air 2?

Cheers.
szmash

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:52 pm

I'm not sure but a powered hub would be the only possible way. I'd recommend reaching out to IK Support with the specific details about your issue and what equipment you are using
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:39 am

The CCK does not work for me on Lightning iPad Pro, nor does the usb C cck work on a 2022 iPad Pro.

I have not yet found a solution for Lightning connectivity.
Bobbyj88662

Postby derek.irwin » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:03 pm

I can confirm that the Apple Lightning to USB 3 adapter didn't work when connecting to my iPhone. No LEDs ever light up on the Axe I/O One and nothing is detected by the iPhone.

I also tried a powered usb hub to connect the Axe I/O One to my iPhone with no success. The Axe I/O One just never turns on, no matter how I connect it to my iPhone.
I spent a lot of time googling and I haven't found anyone who has had success connecting to an iPhone.

I never have any problems when connecting to my iPad Pro 2018 with USB-C, though. It always works on that iPad.
derek.irwin

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:08 am

I found a USB C hub on amazon that mimics the cck in that can now pass through charge my usb c iPad pro, but I have not found anything similiar for lightning devices. If someone finds one reply here.
Bobbyj88662

Postby Moonlighthero » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:13 pm

Hi,
I had an issue with the iRig 49 and my brandnew iPad Pro (M2 chip). Almost every 20sec there was no sound for one second. No Problem with my 6year iPad. Dies somebody know what the problem could be?
Moonlighthero

Postby Bobbyj88662 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:48 am

Good news: today”s iPadOS 17 upgrade caused the lightning CCK to again function on my iPad Pro 10.5, but it does need power from a battery pack or the wall to function. The problem was on Apple”s side of things and not an issue with Axe I/O which ,to me, is the best inexpensive Guitar interface available.
Bobbyj88662

Return to Interfaces & Controllers