Tonex - UA Ox - UA Apollo - AXE I/O One - Re-Amp

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex - UA Ox - UA Apollo - AXE I/O One - Re-Amp

Postby RKHIII » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:39 pm

Trying to profile some amps and can't seem to wrap my head around the proper hookup. I have the Tonex software that came with the AXE I/O One, a UA Ox, UA Apollo & Re-Amp box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've scoured the boards but have not come up with anything. Thanks much, --RH
RKHIII

Re: Tonex - UA Ox - UA Apollo - AXE I/O One - Re-Amp

Postby dean.winter » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:09 pm

Hey, here's how I would do it:

Guitar into some input on the Apollo, then out of the Apollo into the re-amp box, out of the re-amp box to the amp with the OX. Then out of the OX into the Apollo. Here's how my connections look:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-lX50YKj70x-wBcMHGKUSW5VMbupdouQ/view?usp=sharing

In your case where mine says "MADI 7" in green yours will be whatever input you've plugged your guitar into. Where mine says "MADI 19" in blue yours will be the output going to your reamp box. Finally, where mine shows two microphones going to MADI 17 and MADI 18, when using an OX instead of mics it'll be the OX outputs going to whatever inputs you're using on your Apollo. The monitor connections on MADI 51 and 52 in my screenshot correspond to your speaker outputs.

Hope that helps!

Dean
dean.winter

Postby RKHIII » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:22 pm

Mission accomplished. Dean, thanks SO MIUCH! --R
RKHIII

Postby RKHIII » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:14 pm

Thought mission had been accomplished. Getting signal but am not getting the sound of my overdriven Marshall. Probably just the direct signal from my UA Apollo ???
RKHIII

Postby RKHIII » Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:19 am

RKHIII wrote:Thought mission had been accomplished. Getting signal but am not getting the sound of my overdriven Marshall. Probably just the direct signal from my UA Apollo ???

Think everything is working now. As an aside, the capture process prefers an analog Line OUT on the Ox rather than SPDIF.
RKHIII

Postby dean.winter » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:39 am

RKHIII wrote:
RKHIII wrote:Thought mission had been accomplished. Getting signal but am not getting the sound of my overdriven Marshall. Probably just the direct signal from my UA Apollo ???

Think everything is working now. As an aside, the capture process prefers an analog Line OUT on the Ox rather than SPDIF.

Nice!! Glad to hear you got it going.

Dean
dean.winter

Return to Interfaces & Controllers