Tonex Pedal and Eventide H90

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal and Eventide H90

Postby mxdc_2000 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:00 am

So, I splurged on the H90 and integrated the Tonex Pedal into it.

Physically, I've set the H90 to Insert Routing via Global settings. Then the Tonex pedal is connected to the H90 on input 3 and output 3. This is seen as Insert 1 in the H90.

Next, I placed Insert 1 (the Tonex pedal) between the H90 Algorithm 1 and H90 Algorithm 2 for what I play. So, I could use a distortion algorithm (algorithm 1) going into the Tonex. And the Tonex output into a chorus or delay algorithm (algorithm 2). Then I set the Tonex pedal for a clean amp tone and let the H90 do the rest. After tweaking parameters in the H90, the setup sounds just great.

Don't get me wrong. There are probably plenty of other ways to integrate the Tonex pedal into the H90, such as a Dual Insert mode with pre/post algorithms. (I haven't tried this, yet.) Or Insert Routing with other insert configurations. Or stereo configs. I'm still playing around with the too-many-to-mention algorithms. And I haven't even tried midi controls, yet.

Since I mostly play rock and metal at the moment, my current setup is good enough for my pedalboard. But I'm hoping to hear from others about their setups and get more ideas. And I feel like my Tonex is a little underutilized, now.

Anyone want to throw out their two cents?
mxdc_2000

Return to Interfaces & Controllers