Succesfully set up iRig Stomp I/O in Logic

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Succesfully set up iRig Stomp I/O in Logic

Postby Redboy666 » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:47 am

Hi gang.

It took a lot of trial and error but I managed to get my iRig Stomp to run in Logic reasonably well.

I am running:
- MacBook Pro 13
- Monterey
- Logic Pro 10.7.8
- iRig Stomp I/O
- Amplitube 5
- Focusrite 212

I am running my audio in and out with the Focusrite and using the footswitch.

First off I found that the USBC adapter I was using was part of the issue. I changed for a better cable with no adapter and this fixed this part of the problem. I discovered this when I tried to update the firmware and the updater didn't see the iRig. Make sure this isn't your issue otherwise, you might do what I did and spend a LOT of time on the wrong problem.

Set up two tracks - an AUDIO track and a SOFTWARE INSTRUMENT track.

Software Instrument Tracks Settings:
- Midi Port In - iRig Stomp IO
- Plug In - Amplitube 5
- Output - Bus 1 (or any bus you're not using)
- Record mode enabled will allow the footswitches to work

Amplitube Settings:
- Sidechain - Input 1 (or the input you have the guitar plugged into)
- Assign midi controls by right-clicking on buttons and then using the footswitch pedals

Audio Instrument Track Settings:
- Input - Bus 1 (or the bus you have sent the Software Instrument track to)

This should work with the input on the audio channel. Clicking to record will record effected guitars - which means you can't adjust the audio afterward as you can with the plug-in the audio channel. So you might want to record a second clean audio track.

Not completely satisfied but I am playing and this is a big improvement. If I find some better solutions I will update.
Redboy666

Return to Interfaces & Controllers