Use of AXE I/O with Zoom or other Meeting tool

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Use of AXE I/O with Zoom or other Meeting tool

Postby WickieDerChef01 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:09 pm

Hi there

I am owning an AXE I/O with AmpliTube respectively ToneX.
Monitor speakers are connected with Line out. Sound out of monitor speakers is fine and sounds like the amp etc. I selected in Amplitube.
But when selecting the ASIO line in of AXE I/O in Zoom as line in it sounds like the pure guitar sound without Amplitube.

When I connect another Audio interface with a cable to the line out of AXE I/O and then the ASIO line out of this interface to Zoom it works perfect.

The monitor knob is set to DAW.

Any ideas how I can use the AXE I/O directly in Zoom without having another audio interface behind?

Thanks for any answer!
WickieDerChef01

Re: Use of AXE I/O with Zoom or other Meeting tool

Postby inelastic » Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:22 am

Lines 1/2 input are the inputs coming in from the guitar; 1 being the primary guitar plugin and 2 being the secondary. That's why it's the dry sound.

To get the wet sound, you'll need to get the sound from the outputs put into Zoom. For that, I'm not entirely sure how to do. You can probably do it with Voicemeter. You can route your mic into one of the hardware inputs of Voicemeter. Then, take the output from Voicemeter and route it into the input of Zoom. As for the Axe IO output, you have to get them into another input in voicemeter so you can have both your guitar and voice coming through. However, I don't know how to get the Axe IO output to go into the input, since it's an output. I think you might be able to do it with a virtual cable, but I'm not sure how that's done. Normally, you'd choose the virtual cable as the output in the software, but I'm not sure how to do that while using the ASIO drivers. If you're using Windows, then you could probably switch to Windows Exclusive Mode and then choose the virtual cable.
inelastic

Return to Interfaces & Controllers