Tonex Pedal And Pod Go

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal And Pod Go

Postby scottbalcer14 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:34 pm

I recently purchased the tonex pedal and was wondering how to hook tonex pedal up to my pod go. The plan is to use amps in the tonex pedal and just the fx on the pod go. what would be the best way to hook this up? through the fx loop on the pod go? also im new to using fx loops ect.
scottbalcer14

Re: Tonex Pedal And Pod Go

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:08 pm

Basically you'd use a method similar to what is called the "four cable method". Typically that's for use with amplifiers but you can do so with TONEX Pedal with most multifx units.

You'd use the effects loop. You would go from the send on the Pod GO to the input on TONEX Pedal then connect the output of TONEX Pedal to the return on the Pod GO. I am not familiar with the interface and internal routing on the Pod GO but if it is possible to put the effects loop "block" where the amp block would normally go (or in place of the amp block) that's what you should do for best results. Typically you'd put distortion/drive type effects before the amp (you should probably disable the amp and cab sims in Pod Go since TONEX Pedal is performing the amp/cab task) and time-based/modulation effects after the amp.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby scottbalcer14 » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:56 pm

Thanks works great.
scottbalcer14

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jun 12, 2023 9:19 pm

scottbalcer14 wrote:Thanks works great.

Good to hear! I have the X-GEAR pedals but always like to experiment so if I pick up a multifx pedal that supports the 4-cable method in the future I'll give it a whirl too, I've heard it is a stellar setup.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers