Tonex Pedal, Interface and Live Output Levels

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal, Interface and Live Output Levels

Postby mxdc_2000 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:38 am

Does anyone know what the Tonex pedal output levels are in the Interface and Live modes?

I'm assuming that when in Interface mode, the pedal outputs line level. And when in Live, it outputs instrument level/hi-z.
mxdc_2000

Re: Tonex Pedal, Interface and Live Output Levels

Postby mxdc_2000 » Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:28 am

Does anyone know?

I don't know what to think. When I plug the tonex pedal output into a QSC K.2, I get better output when the QSC input is set for Hi-Z. But I've seen YouTube videos saying that the Tonex pedal is only line out. And again, the Tonex manual doesn't go into any details.
mxdc_2000

Postby Laydi2 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:09 am

the MAIN VOL knob adjusts Tonex's analog master volume, both dry and wet, and the INTERFACE VOL knob adjusts Tonex's interface master volume. The OPERATION MODE switch sets Tonex's operative mode: LIVE or INTERFACE Stumble guys
Laydi2

Postby mxdc_2000 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:17 am

the MAIN VOL knob adjusts Tonex's analog master volume, both dry and wet, and the INTERFACE VOL knob adjusts Tonex's interface master volume. The OPERATION MODE switch sets Tonex's operative mode: LIVE or INTERFACE

I understand how to change operation modes in the Tonex pedal. But I don't know what the pedal's output levels are. Is LIVE an instrument/hi-z output? And Interface, a line level? Are both modes at line level? It doesn't say anything about output levels in the manual unless it was recently revised.
mxdc_2000

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:38 am

By the description live would have to have the expected output level suitable for your amp's guitar input. The pedal does plug directly into the amp when live I would imagine so it would have to match your guitars output jack.
Sharmon123@

Postby mxdc_2000 » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:30 am

By the description live would have to have the expected output level suitable for your amp's guitar input. The pedal does plug directly into the amp when live I would imagine so it would have to match your guitars output jack.

Yeah, that's what I'm assuming as well. I've only connected the Tonex pedal Live to a QSC speaker and it seems fine at Hi-Z. But it would be nice to have some confirmation about the specs.
mxdc_2000

Return to Interfaces & Controllers