AXE I/O One + ableton Probem with Windows

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O One + ableton Probem with Windows

Postby Massimino71 » Sat May 27, 2023 12:31 pm

Using Ableton with Ax i/o One, if I open Google Chrome, or another pc application (e.g. Adobe Reader) and the Daw window goes into the background, the audio starts to get worse until it is disturbed and no longer usable . This all ends the moment the Ableton window returns to the foreground. What could it be caused by?
Massimino71

Re: AXE I/O One + ableton Probem with Windows

Postby Sharmon123@ » Sun May 28, 2023 7:57 pm

Ableton should be granted exclusive access to the sound driver when opened. Make sure that other applications that don't need exclusive sound access don't have this set as well.
Sharmon123@

Postby MahilaTeekshna » Wed May 31, 2023 4:45 am

The issue you're experiencing with audio degradation when the Ableton window goes into the background while using the Ax i/o One interface could be caused by several factors. Here are a few possibilities:

System Resource Allocation: When you switch to other applications like Google Chrome or Adobe Reader, they may consume significant system resources such as CPU and memory. If these applications are competing for resources with Ableton, it can lead to audio performance issues. Consider checking your computer's specifications and ensuring it has sufficient resources to handle both Ableton and other applications simultaneously.

Background Processes: Other processes running in the background, such as system updates, antivirus scans, or resource-intensive applications, could impact the overall performance of your system, including audio performance. It's worth reviewing the background processes running on your computer and temporarily disabling unnecessary ones to see if it improves the audio quality.

Driver or Firmware Issues: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware installed for your Ax i/o One audio interface. Outdated or incompatible drivers can lead to conflicts and cause audio problems. Visit the manufacturer's website to check for any available updates and install them accordingly.

Audio Preferences and Buffer Size: Check your audio settings within Ableton and ensure that the sample rate and buffer size are properly configured. Adjusting the buffer size to a higher value can help with audio stability, but it may also increase latency. Experiment with different buffer sizes to find a balance between audio performance and latency that works best for your setup.

USB Port and Cable: Sometimes, issues with audio quality can arise from faulty USB ports or cables. Try using a different USB port on your computer and ensure that you are using a high-quality USB cable. Faulty connections can cause audio dropouts and disruptions.

If you have exhausted these troubleshooting steps and the issue persists, it may be helpful to reach out to Ableton's support team or the support team of your Ax i/o One audio interface manufacturer. They can provide more specific guidance and assistance based on your setup and any known issues with their products.
MahilaTeekshna

Postby Massimino71 » Wed May 31, 2023 5:09 am

Thanks so much for the replies.

I have already gone through all the possible causes you wrote.

I also contacted ik support and sent the crash reports to ableton.

At the moment the only solution I have adopted is to run ableton as administrator. In this case it works fine.
Massimino71

Postby Sharmon123@ » Wed May 31, 2023 5:35 am

Did you check to see that background processes get priority in your advanced system properties ? Make sure that Windows is set to manage the page file too.
Sharmon123@

Postby Massimino71 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:54 am

The processor is a 12th generation core i5, 16GB of RAM installed, so I don't think it's a system resource issue.

However I will try to change the settings in the advanced properties of Windows
Massimino71

Return to Interfaces & Controllers