Irig Pre HD fails to function

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig Pre HD fails to function

Postby mmcnally256 » Sat May 20, 2023 7:04 pm

So I put in the batteries, switch on the phantom power, and no light. Went to the store bought new batteries with the same result. Does this thing need to be configured with a pc before it will turn on, or did I get a bad one?

2nd/ Since I didn't get it to work, I was unable to test that it interfaces properly with (between), my Audio Technica AT2020 mic and my Hero Black 7 GoPro. The gopro man says set it to powered mic and it should except a powered mic input on the gopro's usb-c connector. It didn't seem to sense the mic, which makes sense since the light on the irig failed to light.

I don't have any apple IOS devices. Is that a problem? I see there is a utility of some sort for windows. I do have a windows laptop, android phone, debian linux laptop. Thanks.

Mike
mmcnally256

Re: Irig Pre HD fails to function

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 23, 2023 4:34 pm

Are you trying to plug iRig Pre HD directly into your GoPro? I don't see those on the compatibility list for iRig Pre HD: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mmcnally256 » Tue May 23, 2023 10:28 pm

The gopro hero 7 blk can receive external mic input through its usb-c. You are supposed to use their proprietary a/d converter between the mic and the gopro, but I need phantom power, so I am hoping that the digital audio from the irig is the same as the digital audio from their a/d conv. No test yet, problems setting up windows.
mmcnally256

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 23, 2023 11:09 pm

mmcnally256 wrote:The gopro hero 7 blk can receive external mic input through its usb-c. You are supposed to use their proprietary a/d converter between the mic and the gopro, but I need phantom power, so I am hoping that the digital audio from the irig is the same as the digital audio from their a/d conv. No test yet, problems setting up windows.

But iRig Pre HD is meant to be plugged into a computer or mobile (iOS) device so I'm not sure that will work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers