AXE ONE - Supported Dual FS and Expresion Pedals

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE ONE - Supported Dual FS and Expresion Pedals

Postby KyleSJM89 » Thu May 11, 2023 7:21 am

Hi,

Just getting back to playing Guitar again and I've been using AT5, with the news of the recent release of the AXE One, I'm swayed to get this over the Stomp I/O.

What dual latching and expresion pedals are the community using with the AXE One?

Look forward to hearing from you all!
KyleSJM89

Re: AXE ONE - Supported Dual FS and Expresion Pedals

Postby myslin85 » Fri May 19, 2023 3:15 pm

I have the same question. I haven’t used an expression pedal with AT5 yet, but I can tell you the Axe IO One is fantastic imho. I’ve had the stomp (on/off pedal) and it did its job, and using an expression pedal will add one of many dimensions to guitar playing. Having the Axe I/O One is awesome though.
myslin85

Postby ikAdam123 » Sat May 20, 2023 10:02 pm

I'd be glad is someone could respond who already have an expression pedal with AXE IO ONE interface.
ikAdam123

Postby Crashin2416 » Sun May 21, 2023 9:41 pm

I have the Axe IO, the original, full-sized one, not the solo, and not the new One.
It works just fine with a generic double-switch pedal I got from Amazon for $20, and the M-Audio Expression pedal (~$40 anywhere).
I don’t see why newer hardware, software (drivers, if needed) & firmware wouldn’t work the same, if not better.

Posted in case you don’t get a reply from someone with the actual One model and using pedals with it.

Hope it helps.
Crashin2416

Postby SimoRissanen1 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:42 pm

I have a One. Also bought an M-Audio EX-P Expression pedal and a Lead Foot FS-2 dual foot switch to go with it. Haven't managed to get either one of these to work so far and information seems to be really hard to come by.
SimoRissanen1

Postby KyleSJM89 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:01 pm

SimoRissanen1 wrote:I have a One. Also bought an M-Audio EX-P Expression pedal and a Lead Foot FS-2 dual foot switch to go with it. Haven't managed to get either one of these to work so far and information seems to be really hard to come by.

Nice! Hopefully you have some joy soon! I'm sure it's done in the control app and assigning CC values? You would thinknitnwould be in the manual etc?
KyleSJM89

Postby ikAdam123 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:08 pm

SimoRissanen1 wrote:I have a One. Also bought an M-Audio EX-P Expression pedal and a Lead Foot FS-2 dual foot switch to go with it. Haven't managed to get either one of these to work so far and information seems to be really hard to come by.

Hi,
First, you have to get the Axe IO ONE Configuration Software from here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/m ... rod--AXE03
or install the IK Product Manager and you can install it from there too.
Then connect the pedals to the interface. Open the Control Software and on the top, select the Controller tab. Here you can select the pedal or switch type you've connected.

After this, the interface should send the correct MIDI signals for the pedals. You can use a MIDI monitor software like MidiView to verify that it works. If it shows some values when you move the pedal or press the foot switch then you are good.
Then for example you want to assign the pedal input to a knob in Amplitube. You can do it by right-clicking to the knob in Amplitube and select Assign Midi, Learn... then move the pedal up and down, and you are done.

If you are there, I'd like to ask to check if you can move the knob continuously with your pedal from 0 to 10? or are there jumps and some values are skipped around 6 or 7 ?
ikAdam123

Postby KyleSJM89 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:14 pm

^^^^
Is there a list of suggested or recommended pedals/ switches to use? I liked the looks of the ones in the demonstration video but can't find them?
KyleSJM89

Postby SimoRissanen1 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:22 pm

KyleSJM89 wrote:

Nice! Hopefully you have some joy soon! I'm sure it's done in the control app and assigning CC values? You would thinknitnwould be in the manual etc?

I have them set up in the control app, but nothing happens in Amplitube 5 either by trying to learn midi or setting up the CC# manually in settings. Pretty much stumped at this point.
SimoRissanen1

Postby KyleSJM89 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:25 pm

^^^6
Oh dear! I think one of the IK team replied above with some things to try, I hope you get up and running soon!

Other than the problems you have how is the Unit?
KyleSJM89

Postby SimoRissanen1 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:35 pm

ikAdam123 wrote:

Hi,
First, you have to get the Axe IO ONE Configuration Software from here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/m ... rod--AXE03
or install the IK Product Manager and you can install it from there too.
Then connect the pedals to the interface. Open the Control Software and on the top, select the Controller tab. Here you can select the pedal or switch type you've connected.

After this, the interface should send the correct MIDI signals for the pedals. You can use a MIDI monitor software like MidiView to verify that it works. If it shows some values when you move the pedal or press the foot switch then you are good.
Then for example you want to assign the pedal input to a knob in Amplitube. You can do it by right-clicking to the knob in Amplitube and select Assign Midi, Learn... then move the pedal up and down, and you are done.

If you are there, I'd like to ask to check if you can move the knob continuously with your pedal from 0 to 10? or are there jumps and some values are skipped around 6 or 7 ?

MidiView was helpful. It doesn't find any midi interface, which I would guess to be the problem. I have a MacBook Air. At least something to try to troubleshoot :)
SimoRissanen1

Postby ikAdam123 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:37 pm

KyleSJM89 wrote:Oh dear! I think one of the IK team replied above with some things to try, I hope you get up and running soon!

Other than the problems you have how is the Unit?

I'm not the IK team, I'm a user looking for a tested working configuration just like you :)
ikAdam123

Postby ikAdam123 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:45 pm

SimoRissanen1 wrote:MidiView was helpful. It doesn't find any midi interface, which I would guess to be the problem. I have a MacBook Air. At least something to try to troubleshoot :)

I have Windows, sadly I can't help with Mac troubleshooting. On Windows the Control Software installer also installed the required MIDI drivers.
ikAdam123

Postby Sharmon123@ » Mon May 22, 2023 8:53 pm

Same here , Windows 10
Axe IO Solo with a Nextar Pacer and a Nextar expression pedal in EXP1 on the board and a Boss FS-6 dual button FS on the first FS input and it works great.
Sharmon123@

Postby SimoRissanen1 » Mon May 22, 2023 9:05 pm

ikAdam123 wrote:
SimoRissanen1 wrote:MidiView was helpful. It doesn't find any midi interface, which I would guess to be the problem. I have a MacBook Air. At least something to try to troubleshoot :)

I have Windows, sadly I can't help with Mac troubleshooting. On Windows the Control Software installer also installed the required MIDI drivers.

After fiddling around with Mac's MIDI settings a little everything now seems to work as expected. Got the expression pedal to control a wah and Lead foot to turn some pedals on and off. Thanks for that tip!

On the expression pedal knob moving issue, there seems to be some trouble there. Two issues jump out immediately. I assigned the expression pedal to control a knob on an amp, and:

1. Moving the pedal in either direction it skips around strangely at around value 7 on the knob, basically stutters and then jumps over 7 completely.

2. The knob doesn't go all the way to 10 with the pedal all the way pressed. Only goes to 9.4.

Can see this behaviour in MidiView also, value jumps from for example 83 to 91 going up and then 84 to 77 to 72 going down, so there is 100% something weird going on there. Also only consistently gets to 119 max even though max value is set to 127 in AXE control panel.
SimoRissanen1

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers