ToneX Pedalboard Routing w/AmperoII

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

ToneX Pedalboard Routing w/AmperoII

Postby riksplace1 » Tue May 09, 2023 12:03 am

ToneX will be here later this week. My IDEA is to use the effects in the Ampero II AND the amps/cabs in the ToneX. To do this I intend to go Guitar IN to Amp II input > OUT of the Amp II Loop Send > ToneX input > ToneX out > Amp II Loop Return > OUT to Audio Interface in stereo from the Amp II stereo outputs. Ampero II is similar to a Helix in the way it lets you visually set up blocks in a chain.

Within the Ampero II I'll disable any amp/cab blocks and have the Tonex use a Loop Block.....so the chain would be in the Amp II.....Overdrive/Distortion block > ToneX amp/cab (loop block) > wet effects blocks in Amp II > Output in Stereo

Anyone know if this sounds feasible? I'll have the pedal soon...so I can see....
riksplace1

Re: ToneX Pedalboard Routing w/AmperoII

Postby LeahaT435 » Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 am

It sounds like you have a plan in mind for integrating the effects in the Ampero II and the amps/cabs in the ToneX. Your proposed signal chain seems feasible, going from Guitar IN to Amp II input, then using the Amp II Loop Send to connect to the ToneX input, and finally routing back to the Amp II Loop Return before going out to the Audio Interface in stereo from the Amp II stereo outputs.

By disabling any amp/cab blocks within the Ampero II and using the ToneX as a loop block, you can achieve the desired setup. The signal flow would be Overdrive/Distortion block in the Amp II, followed by the ToneX amp/cab (loop block), and then the wet effects blocks in the Amp II before reaching the stereo outputs.

While this setup appears technically feasible, it's important to note that the actual performance and compatibility may vary depending on the specific devices, firmware/software versions, and settings used. It's always recommended to refer to the user manuals or documentation provided by the manufacturers for guidance on signal routing and compatibility between different devices.

Once you have the ToneX pedal in your possession, you can experiment with your proposed setup and make any necessary adjustments to achieve the desired sound and functionality. Feel free to reach out to the respective manufacturer's support or user community for further assistance or insights based on their experiences with similar setups.

Happy exploring with your new gear, and I hope you achieve the desired results in your setup!
LeahaT435

Return to Interfaces & Controllers