Tonex Pedal - Delay in channel switching

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex Pedal - Delay in channel switching

Postby Gbusato » Wed May 03, 2023 2:53 pm

Hello everybody.

When I click the buttons to change the effect, I feel a delay that compromises the change. For example, if I'm in a part with distorted music and I switch to the clean channel, this change has a delay and should be instantaneous. Is it possible to program or improve this transition time? Does anyone have this problem when playing a song?

Thanks so much for your help
Gbusato

Re: Tonex Pedal - Delay in channel switching

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 03, 2023 3:47 pm

TONEX Pedal should be gapless between switching presets. You may want to note that the change occurs when you release the switch not when you press it. Other than that, I'd suggest reaching out to IK Support to see what might be going on so they can provide direct and official support to resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Gbusato » Wed May 03, 2023 4:41 pm

Yes, I will test whether the change happens when I release the button (which I don't think is very normal). I'm already speaking with support to understand all of this. However, if anyone else has experienced this and resolved it, I would appreciate more information.
Gbusato

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 03, 2023 6:46 pm

All other mentions of switching I see online use the term gapless too so I think IK Support will be the best at getting a resolution for your particular issue. But users can and do chime in, hope someone can help if they figure it out too!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby kgofswg1973 » Thu May 18, 2023 2:01 am

As Ik mentioned, the preset only changes when you "release" the foot switch, but you can change it in global settings to change presets on the "press" of the foot switch (no delay). Doing this deactivates the ability to use the bank up/down options on the foot switches, and an external switch for bank navigation is required.
kgofswg1973

Return to Interfaces & Controllers