How to use the midi out port of the TONEX Pedal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How to use the midi out port of the TONEX Pedal

Postby ThomasG01 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:55 am

Hello,

is there any way that the pedal sends program change messages to the midi out port when switching presets on the TONEX Pedal?
These program change messages than could be used to change presets on an external effect processor.

I'm currently just using the midi in port to change presets on the TONEX Pedal. There is no information available about the midi out usage.
ThomasG01

Re: How to use the midi out port of the TONEX Pedal

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:48 pm

You would need to make sure the settings are set correctly for what is sent out (page 24) and then the charts on page 29 and 30 in the manual should be the full listing of MIDI sent out from the TONEX Pedal itself.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ThomasG01 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:31 pm

Thank you for the reply Peter.
Unfortunately I don't see how and which messages are sent to the midi-out when change presets.
Obviously there is no Program change signal coming out of the midi.

I tried to use the Thru and Merge Midi settings. No output in both cases.

P:S.
Page 29 and 30 are only showing the messages coming into the Midi-in and the corresponding action of the pedal. No info about the outputted signals.
ThomasG01

Postby mauroberry » Thu May 18, 2023 7:37 pm

Peter_IK wrote:You would need to make sure the settings are set correctly for what is sent out (page 24) and then the charts on page 29 and 30 in the manual should be the full listing of MIDI sent out from the TONEX Pedal itself.

Hello,
I am looking at page 24 but I don't see anything about that.
mauroberry

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 18, 2023 7:45 pm

mauroberry wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:You would need to make sure the settings are set correctly for what is sent out (page 24) and then the charts on page 29 and 30 in the manual should be the full listing of MIDI sent out from the TONEX Pedal itself.

Hello,
I am looking at page 24 but I don't see anything about that.

Make sure you have the latest version of the TONEX Pedal manual (you can get it on the TONEX Pedal page on the IK site)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tobypitman » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:32 pm

Hi,

Just a quick update to this post.

Sending MIDI Program changes from the Tonex is definitely possible as I'm doing it to switch an H90.

MIDI Thru must be set to 'Merge'. This outputs all CCs from knobs and PC messages from the foot switches (as well as passing any incoming MIDI). Just Make sure your MIDI out channel is set correctly to the Receive Ch on the device you want to control.

Another note is that the PC messages start from 0 (to 127) on the Tonex. The H90 by default starts from 1 (to 128). There is a PC Offset in the H90 that can be set to 0. This aligns Program 01 on the H90 to Bank 0 A (PC 0) on the Tonex.

Hope this helps someone.

Tob
tobypitman

Return to Interfaces & Controllers