Axe I/O expression pedal

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O expression pedal

Postby Robert McTigue » Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:57 pm

What is a recommended expression pedal for the Axe I/O? I need a two-button and expression pedal and I don't want to get the wrong thing ...

TIA
Robert McTigue

Re: Axe I/O expression pedal

Postby Timo2019 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Hosa FSC-385 Footswitch, Guitar-style, Dual-latching

Moog ACCEP003 EP3 Expression Pedal
or

M-Audio EX-P Expression Pedal

Any of these works great with IK interfaces
Timo2019

Postby Robert McTigue » Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:08 pm

Thanks !! :D
Robert McTigue

Postby ikAdam123 » Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm

I have AXE I/O ONE and the M-Audio EX-P pedal doesn't work well with that. There are gaps in the MIDI values, it should be continuous.
ikAdam123

Postby Crashin2416 » Sun May 21, 2023 9:54 pm

ikAdam123 wrote:I have AXE I/O ONE and the M-Audio EX-P pedal doesn't work well with that. There are gaps in the MIDI values, it should be continuous.

This is most likely due to the pot inside the pedal, not the interface at all.

I have similar equipment (Axe I/O [full-size, not the One] & M-Audio EX-P) and had a problem with jitters at the low end of the pedals range. Popped open the pedal, sprayed some electronics cleaner on the pots and POOF - all better.

Simple fix, not difficult or complex whatsoever.
The can of cleaner is on Amazon, might be as much as $8-10 even, but will last a LONG time, as you don’t need to use very much of it at all, and only on things that need it such as this, or scratchy amplifier knobs.
Crashin2416

Postby ikAdam123 » Sun May 21, 2023 10:31 pm

^^^^
Thanks for the reply. I wish that it would be so easy. Both my interface and pedal is brand new, so jitter and crackling is not the problem. Also the gaps are always at the same places. Moreover there is a hysteresis, the gaps are in different position on the increasing edge and on the decreasing edge, but always the same spots are missing per edge. If it would be electrical connection problem, then the gaps would be random.

I've tested it since then with a simple potentiometer connected to the interface and it does the same thing, so not the pedal is the problem but my interface itself behaves strangely. That's why I'm asking for someone with the same interface in the other topic to find out if it is just for me, or something generic.
ikAdam123

Postby Crashin2416 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:42 am

Sounds like you’re ahead of the curve as to knowing what you’re doing here, and I don’t have a “One” so I can’t speak on that directly.

Best of luck - hope you get it resolved without too much hassle.
Crashin2416

Return to Interfaces & Controllers