Axe I/O One Clipping Issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O One Clipping Issue

Postby IROCKJORTS » Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:20 pm

Hey everyone, first post here.

I recently purchased an Axe I/O One as a replacement for my 3rd Gen Scarlett Solo. I have noticed a slight crackling/clipping quite often when using Amplitube 5 with my guitars that have hotter passive pickups. The issue is mainly present when I play aggressively on high gain presets. I cannot produce the crackling when playing on clean presets or even with my single coil pickup guitars! Even after checking all of the levels to ensure I am not in the red anywhere, I still hear the cracking noise. I have tried adjusting all of the settings on the interface and in the control panel, changing to "active" mode, gain all the way down, still the issue persists.

To be clear, I had no issue with this whatsoever with my Scarlett Solo so I am fairly disappointed after I assumed this would be an upgrade due to the additional features. This is definitely a deal breaker for me and I would hate to get rid of the interface if it's just something simple that I am overlooking. I submitted a request for support formally but I am not sure how long a response will take. Any help or advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated, as I am kind of desperate at this point.
IROCKJORTS

Re: Axe I/O One Clipping Issue

Postby Timo2019 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:27 pm

All the usuals... Asio, bufffer settings, try different usb ports. Is it being used directly or through a DAW? Let us know.
Timo2019

Re: Axe I/O One Clipping Issue

Postby IROCKJORTS » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:53 pm

Timo2019 wrote:All the usuals... Asio, bufffer settings, try different usb ports. Is it being used directly or through a DAW? Let us know.

I'll be screwing around with all the settings again when I get off. Happened to me in the middle of a work weekend so I don't have as much time to mess with it as normal. I am running it straight through Amplitube, no DAW. I am still pretty new to all of this and the terminology and whatnot.
IROCKJORTS

Return to Interfaces & Controllers