Tonex pedal in effects loop.

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Tonex pedal in effects loop.

Postby diesel8111 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:14 pm

I plan to run the Tonex pedal into the return of the effect loop on my Synergy rig, I want to use my power amp and cab, am I able to run just the preamp sections of amplifiers in Tonex? I know I can turn cabs off, but have not seen any mention of turning power amp sections off.
diesel8111

Re: HELP WITH CAPTURING A PREAMP ONLY

Postby hermybear2002 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:56 am

Been a while since I was on here but Tonex is bringing me back. NEED YOUR HELP....

For years (if you go far enough back in these posts, you'll find me :lol: ) I have tried to find some modeling software or hardware that could emulate Jerry Garcia's rig. Always the two biggest problems were the Mutron and his modded preamp on his Twin. I found a fix on the Mutron, along with a lot of other effects, using an AX8, but no matter how I eq'd the amp sims...

I finally gave up and bought a Sarno SMS Classic Jerry modded preamp. Love it...but it requires an aparatus and I am getting too old to lug such a thing around. Then comes the Quad Core and I think I'm saved...except it's still not up to speed yet and it costs a lot of duckets.

I need a way to capture the preamp, put it into the Tonex pedal, run the pedal into my AX8's effects loop so I can have pre & post effects around the preamp and thru the AX8.

I'm currently doing that with one of the two preamps I own. I had to build a special deep pedal box to house the preamp under the AX8, versus a ton of cables back and forth, and as much as it works quite well...is not the ideal way to keep it in good shape and adds weight to the pedal box I would prefer not to have.

I know I can capture the preamp/amp/cab and that will also happen but I really just need the preamp captured right now.

So, can/how do we do this? Please, help me spend my $$$ with IK Multimedia... Please, please, please...
hermybear2002

Return to Interfaces & Controllers