Axe I/O One - No sound on Mac with Tonex/AmpliTube

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/O One - No sound on Mac with Tonex/AmpliTube

Postby Fearomoon » Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:18 pm

Hi there,

I just received the new Axe I/O One and I have the issue that the Axe I/O is not recoginized by Tonex or AmpliTube for Mac. I am using Guitar -> Axe I/O One -> USB Mac. I Installed the Control Panel App and the input Signal is recognized as I can see it when I play something. When I Switch to Audio Setings on my Mac and select the Axe I/O as Input I also can see the bar moving when I play on the Guitar.This seems to work as expected. When I start Tonex or AmpliTube I am prompted to select input and Output. I select Axe I/O One as inut Device with Input 1 and for example the Built-in Output as Output Device. When I play nothing happens. The Input bar in Tonex or AmpliTube at the lower left corner shows nothing. The Audio Demo works as expected and I can hear the Demo sounds.

I tried the same with my Windows 11 Laptop and it worked as expected but my iMac (Ventura) does nothing. Seems that the Control Panel App can not hand it over to Tonex or AmpliTube. I really don't know how to solf this. Maybe someone can help?
Fearomoon

Re: Axe I/O One - No sound on Mac with Tonex/AmpliTube

Postby Fearomoon » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:04 am

I solved it by myself after hours of searching the net. Problem is if you upgrade your Mac with a patcher like opencore legacy patcher to an unsupported Version of MacOS some SIP flags are disabled and wether Amplitube nor Tonex set the right permissions on Microphone. Unfortunately Apple locks the ability to add permissions manually. I've found a little script on Github that can set any permission on any app when SIP is disabled.

https://github.com/plessbd/tccplus

This worked for me and I hope this helps anyone with the same Problem. :D

btw it is not recommendet to disabe SIP and this is done at your own risk ;-)
Fearomoon

Return to Interfaces & Controllers